Chapter- 6

(Media: JO1-Boy With Luv/cover\ KCON JAPAN JO1 Cover Listen to it like this^^)

-Ren-kun? This...

-What is this doing here!?

-How..

-I can't believe it! Just when we think we're over it, they show up again. What exactly are they? This-

When the phone in the box rang, we turned our attention to the phone. I hesitated a little, but I picked up the phone. I waited for a few seconds, but there was no sound from the other side.

-Hello?

No answer

-Hello! Who is this?.. .. .. .. .. closed.

Junki-san's face looked very pale. It seemed to have shaken him more than anyone else. When I saw him like that, I involuntarily threw the box and the telephone in my hand to a random place.

Everyone was looking at me with eyes waiting for an explanation. I had no intention of answering, so without saying anything, I grabbed Junki-san's arm and quickly left the park.

Junki-san, who was being dragged along beside me (because of me), tried to stop me by dragging his feet on the ground.

-He, hey Ruki-kun! Where are we going? What's going on? Are you going to say something?

We were far from the park now. I let go of Junki-san's arm.

-We're going to Mamehara-san's place.

-??

-XX-san told us to get help from him, so he must know something. You also said that it all started when Mamehara-san was fired.

-I understand, but why didn't you tell them that?

-That's not a very important matter. I'll tell them when the time comes. Anyway, you know Mamehara-san's address, right?

-Hm, yes. Yes, I do. It's not far.

-Really? Is it far enough for us to walk?

-I mean, it could take half an hour.

-Super! It'll be safer that way. Although the word "safer" doesn't sound safe anymore. Okay, you lead the way, please.

-Okay.

-But first we have a little business over there.

-?

-Since we can't communicate by letter, there must be a reliable communication line.

We went into the electronics store on the sidewalk across the street. I saw a familiar face inside. I couldn't remember who it was, but it looked very familiar (we're talking about the clerk).

-Hello, welcome. How can I help you- Wait, Ruki? Oh, it's really you.

-Yes?

-Hm? -Don't you recognize me? Well, it's normal, I mean, we haven't talked much, but I admired you a lot.  I'm Maki.

-Maki? Is that you? You've changed so much. I don't recognize you. I guess I haven't seen you since middle school, right?

-It's been a long time. You went through a lot back then, and I always wanted to support you, but I could never do it. But you overcame even that. I heard you're working in the police. How is it? Are things good? What was your job?