Chapter 17: Ultimatum

Kaiden

I grab my cell out of my pocket and see it's from Zye. Fucking finally!

Babe: I'm fine, something came up and Mom said I needed to stay away from college again. I'll call you in a little while, ok.

Me: Then where are you? Why did you block the link? Why aren't you answering?

I wait but get no reply. I throw my cell at the dash in frustration, then lean back in my seat as I run my fingers through my hair. Where is he? At least I know he's safe. I think. Now, how do I find out about my mate? That guy was out of there sharpish which has me worrying about her.

"Let's go find our mate." Spirit suggests.

"Where would we even start looking? Her car wouldn't be anything to go by as it's in the lot at college."

"Let's get her address from -"

"No. If someone catches us looking up a dragon's address. It could get back to Dad and -"

"Fuck! I didn't think of that. He would know it's her and do something to harm her... You're right, we can't do that!" With a sigh I decided to skip college and head home, to wait for Zye. I do need to call that guy about the car I'm getting him for his birthday, and I need to make sure it arrives on the morning of our birthday.

I pull up to my house and get out, heading to the front door when I'm hit with a wave of something powerful. It wraps around me and pushes arousing pleasure through me, which sends me to my knees. After a few seconds, It's gone. What the fuck was that? The powerful thing, or person the purists want? I stand up and head inside when my father appears with his Beta. Zye's dad.

"Did you -"

"Feel the powerful surge just now? Of course, we did! I think everyone did. But it took you to your knees I see..." He scrutinises me in that way of his, and then says, "You looked to be in pleasure actually. Did you feel more than power, Kaiden?"

"What!? I felt what you felt -"

"Don't Fucking Lie To Me! I felt power. Nothing more. Did I want it, yes. That kind of power can only make me stronger..."

"How? How can it make you stronger?"

"By getting them on my side and working for me, or... Mating with them... Why were you aroused by it, Kaiden?" He's out of his fucking mind! What about Mom? And as I felt aroused, I can only guess it has something to do with my mate, and he was not going anywhere near her. So I make up a lie.

"I wasn't aroused by that. Zara has been needy all morning, she worked me up and hadn't satisfied me. The power hit and tightened around me and I became more aroused. That's all... I'm sure if your dick was as hard as a rock and it hit you, you would -"

"Enough, Kaiden... I get the point. What are you doing at home anyway?" He barks at me. Man, he does my head in.

"I was worried about Zye as he hadn't turned up and wasn't answering his cell -"

"You haven't been able to get a hold of him? I must call -"

"He messaged me a little while ago. Said Willow told him to stay home again... Is that not right?" I ask his dad. I did think it was strange myself, but you never know when his mom will receive a vision, and it's small but I see the slight worry in his eyes.

"Ah. I left before them this morning. It's possible she hasn't been able to get a hold of me to let me know... Alpha, if you no longer need me, I shall go see to what you requested and speak to my mate." He says, awaiting permission.