Chapter 30: Head Enforcer

Kaiden

After leaving Nyx, I head straight home. The guards will be at Zye's looking for me, but I'll just say I left before they could catch up with me. Waking up with her this morning, even if I did think I was dreaming at first, made me realize just how much I want her, and that I can't give her up. So, I decided that I need to figure out a way to have her and keep my dad in the dark, and I know I made her speechless with my comment as I left.

"I'll explain later, I promise. Keep me to yourself for now, please. I need to figure a couple more things out, and then I plan to claim you…… Fuck, you're beautiful… Thanks for the almost fuck." I get hard just thinking about how tight her pussy was as she started sliding my cock inside her. Shame I couldn't roll her over, pin her to the bed and fuck her brains out before mating her, but I know she's pissed at me.

I deserve it, I know I've been an asshole and she has to have been hurt by all the things I've said to her since we met. I felt shitty for saying them, but I need to make it up to her and get her to choose me. I'm hoping that with my behavior, she hasn't decided she doesn't want me, because it doesn't bear thinking about.

"Well, it would be your own damn fault! And if that ends up being the case, I may never speak to you again!" Spirit growls at me. He knows why I've been the way I have, but he still doesn't like it, and for some unknown reason, we seem to be at odds with each other when I thought we were on the same page. I'm going to win her over… Somehow.

Anyway, when I get home, I sneak in via the tree outside my window, and my dad's office window is open. So when I hear him start talking, I pause and listen in.

"Have you found it yet, Enforcer!?... I will deal with my son, but if your guards are inadequate, find some that aren't… Good, now your task is your only priority, do you understand… No, you answer directly to me, Beta isn't privy to any of this… FIND THIS POWER THE PURISTS WERE REFERRING TO… Get a witch to pinpoint the location, do I have to do everything for you… You're the head enforcer for fuck sake! Get it done!" He slams down the phone and then storms out of his office.

What is he up to? He's trying to find the person of power the purists were speaking of, but why? I climb into my bedroom window and pull my cell from my pocket and message Zye. I'm hoping he will help me. Then I can hopefully figure out where the Gamma is and see what my dad is up to.

So I message Zye asking if he was coming to college, and wondering why I haven't heard from him. I've had no word from him since yesterday, which isn't normal for us. We speak every day, and when we're not together, we are constantly massaging each other. He messages me back straight away which I wasn't expecting, but what really knocks me for six is the part about him meeting his mate, which explains why I haven't heard from him.

I'm happy for him, but that means I can't ask him to help me trick my dad, meaning he will order me to mate with Zara. Damn it! There has to be another way! I changed the subject to my dad, and how he's being weirder than normal because that's not the sort of conversation I've heard from him before. And why isn't Zye's dad involved? It makes me worry about Zye, and if he's in danger because of my dad and his selfish ways, then I need to protect him too.

I am trying to arrange a meet-up tonight, needing my beta and best friend, and he agrees to sort something out after he speaks to his mate, and then tells me he loves me and doesn't want to lose me. Thinking about the fact I've found mine and haven't told him, and that I feel the same, because even now I don't want to give him up just because I've now got Nyx. It's like cutting off my right arm, I need it. I need him. I love him.

With thoughts of Zye on my mind, I quickly jump in the shower and get dressed, then head down the stairs. I'll go to college and speak to Ralph, his dad is the head enforcer of the pack. I'll see if he knows his dad's whereabouts. I also want to see Nyx. It's getting harder to stay away from her, I can feel an ache forming in my chest that grows with every bit of contact between us.