Chapter 46: Right, Zokbormah?

Zye

When Kaiden is no longer in view, Nyx turns to me and tells me she’s going to mate with him as soon as possible, and when I tell her she can’t yet, she slams the letter she wanted to show us, to my chest.

“Yes, I can. And I will. Be it tonight or tomorrow, he will be mated to me as well.” She then snuggled back in my arms as I took the letter out and glanced over it, finding the part about hiding her mating. That her Phoenix can use its magic, and invisibility to hide it from everyone, including our combined scents.

Her Dad knew she had wolves for mates and that with the strain between our kinds, she may have needed it when she met us. I tell her about Zara not seeing my mark or knowing we were mated, and that she must have done it with us without realizing it. So, I’m good with her mating him. I’m learning that when it comes to her, anything is possible, so I won’t interfere. Then I tucked the letter into my pocket to read through later, as I saw something about her abilities. We have finally reached the road leading up to the Dragon Palace, and as soon as the car is parked, Nyx and I climb out.

“You can wait here -” Her Aunt starts.

“No. He’s coming with me.” Nyx states, pulling me along with her, leaving them to lock up the car and grab whatever else she had in the car for her Dad. Nyx takes in the magnificence that is the large, white castle, made up of multiple rooms, offices, halls, and such, as we walk toward the gates. This is the King’s horde home, it’s like a pack-house. He has two whole wings to himself that he shares with his mate, otherwise, the rest is used for ceremonies and meetings, and the rest of the horde presides in the multiple rooms that make up the other mass of the buildings.

“It looks beautiful.” She says with wonder.

“It’s because it’s nighttime. The lights really do make it look magical, unlike the pack castle, which is more rustic -”

“Are you joking!? Rustic, with this kind of lighting, would look just as beautiful.” She disagrees as she takes in the large pillars that hold the gate, which is locked and guarded by multiple dragon warriors. The entire estate and land that makes up the castle grounds are guarded by hundreds.

“I guess I’m used to it, but knowing the wolf King that designed it when he was offered the location, he did everything he could to make it look older like he was the one that had been the ruler here for the longest. It kind of… devalues the beauty of it.” I try to explain.

“I guess I’ll just have to see for myself.” She says, smirking at me as we are about to walk through the gates, but she won’t be seeing it any time soon. Not with Kaiden’s Dad after her.

“Can I help you?” Dafid, the gate guard asks.

“We’re here to see the King, Dafid,” I inform him.

“I don’t think so. You may enter to visit with your mother, Zye, but she must remain outside as she is unknown.” She raises her eyebrow at him, not liking the tone or the way he’s looking at her.

“But she is -”

“Not. Getting. Past. There has been some purist and rouge activity, along with letters arriving of an imminent threat. She could be infiltrating -”

Get Out Of My Way. Now!” She demands, cutting him off. My jaw drops as he steps to the side, but then about thirty guards storm the gate, weapons raised at her, and Knight pushes to the surface with a growl, and we step in front of her in a protective stance, ready to kill any that try to hurt or touch her.

“Unless you wish to be shot, I suggest turning tail and -” I’m about to tell Kaiden to get here and attack Dafid for threatening our mate.

You Will All Stand Down, And Let Me Through.” She states calmly.