Virat-Shubman

You know those cravings you get in the middle of the night? like the annoying one that pushes your sleepy self to get up from the bed at 3 am and fetch the half-eaten ice cream that's ever so patiently waiting for you in the fridge? Your toes hit the pointy edges of the chair as you make your way to the fridge because you were too lazy to turn the lights on. And then as you eat the delicious chocolate ice cream, barely opening your eyes, do you ever get the urge to check your social media accounts? Still half asleep as you scroll through your socials, do your eyes ever shake open in aghast, leaving no trace of sleepiness behind? And as your brain snaps back to reality do you ever realize with fear that your sister is getting abused and trolled online? As annoying as it is, you can't seem to think of one solid reason for this attack on your sister! All of a sudden do you ever realize that your sister, the one person who stood by you at every step of your life is getting this mass attack of hatred because you scored 104 runs for your team, in a crucial match? Have you ever spent thirty minutes thinking about what exactly you did wrong? Because all along you thought you were supposed to play well, you thought trolling was only when you didn't play well. Do you ever spend the next thirty minutes thinking if your idol, the man you grew up adoring, hates you now? Because that's what the people online were saying.

No? This has never happened to you?

Lucky you!

But that luck wasn't too kind to Shubman Gill, because, today out of all the days Shubman had done all the right things, he made the team win, he stole the game away from RCB, he believed he could pull it off, even when no one did.

As he sat on the sofa, thinking "This was a happy day right?" If anyone was going to talk about his sister, it should have been on the lines of "You have such a great brother, you are so lucky" or "Thanks a lot for always being there for him" and not some disgusting sexist remarks under her Instagram posts.

Or at least that's what he thought. He wanted to call his sister and apologize for all the shit she has to face because of him, but then as he thought about it he slapped his head in pity, I mean come on, this was Shaneel, his best friend, he was talking about. She would be yelling at him for waking her up from her beauty sleep, but even if he had called her, he didn't know what to tell her, was he supposed to say "I am so sorry some useless brats are coming at you because your brother played good, I will make sure to never play well when the team needs me so you don't have to get trolled".

After debating with his mind for another half an hour he decided to call the one person that could relate to him, the man himself, the scapegoat of all the trolls and abuses that were ever to be invented.

At exactly 1:30 AM Shubman Gill called Virat Kohli

After the first bell, Virat picked up the phone.

"Why are you awake," Asked Virat, unusually calm

"I can't sleep anymore" Answered Shubman

"That makes the two of us then," Virat said, with a hint of humor

" Bhaiya, do you hate me?" Shubman asked, anxiously

"Yes, I hate you. How dare you play well for your team? Why did you play well, even after being in a tough place? I say you quit playing cricket if you are continuing to score runs and entertain people" Virat answered

Shubman couldn't contain the big grin that was about to come out of his lips any minute now.

Even after getting knocked out , he wondered how Virat sounded so unaffected. Little did he know, Virat took Mr. Nags's words to heart and had no expectations anymore.

"Why would they troll my sister, she absolutely did nothing, even I did nothing," Shubman asked, still not getting over the trolls

"Shub, people in our country love to blame women, it's like a reflex for these people, it doesn't matter what you have done or not done, they are a bunch of immature people who crave attention and validation, just wait for a week, after that this will be old news, they will find their new prey to take all the frustration out" Virat explained

"Thank bhaiya, and also, you were sooo good today, like fascinating stuff" Shubman gushed about his idol

"Thanks, Shub, you were great out there, you already know that. Go to bed kid ", said Virat as he ended the call.

And they call themselves my fans

 Virat said to himself with utmost pity and disgust

Hello again after a miny break 

I have been meaning right for a long time now but was so very busy with life 

Hope you guys enjoy this, suggest any other one you want me to write on 

Take good care you all <33