💙

It's tough

Especially when you know someone important to you didn't get what they deserved.

I have grown up surrounded by Cricket all my life, but it was only when I was 13, I really grew into loving Cricket, since then I have not skipped a match, never failed to watch the highlights millions of times of those matches I missed. I learned to laugh with the team and find joy in everything they do, my heart started to ache whenever we lost a match. I have cried with every loss we had, smiled, and laughed with every win we faced.

Soon enough, Virat became my idol,Rohirat became my favorite duo, Mahi Bhai became my inspiration, Jaddu became my favorite fielder, the Indian team became the reason for the waves of laughter I had and some tears I shred. I binge-watched interviews after interviews of my favorite people.

And today I am broken, broken than ever, anxiety and tears have been my companion for the past day, I dream about our boys every day, and every time I think about the boys getting older my heart crushes, the fact that we might not see THIS team ever again is really heartbreaking, and I wish I had the talent to be powerful with my words like many others but sadly I don't.

I have sat down to write this for the past 2 hours but every time I end up sobbing hard, because it's hard, it's hard to see my idol not getting what he deserved, it's hard to see my team bowing their head down, it's hard to know that everything I imagined about them might not even be true.

But...I can only empathize with the pain that our boys are going through, I can only imagine Rohith and Virat clinging on to each other, making each other feel better, I can only imagine Jassy and Harry not letting go of each other while Jaddu and Mahi Bhai are trying to be strong, I can only imagine Ash trying to be strong. I can only Imagine Rishu and Rahul trying to cope with this loss, I can only imagine Ishan and Shreyas feeling like shit and SKY trying to comfort them while he himself is feeling miserable. I can only imagine the broken hearts of the people who give us pride every day, the people we call ours. I can only imagine the pain behind Virat's "We are gonna get through this" I can only empathize with the fake smiles they give us.

But, I know we will get up, we will fight back, that's what we are best at anyways. I know Virat will be surrounded by positive people and will always have his Vamu and Nushki, making him smile. I know Rohith will have his Sammy and Ritzzy to be with him, I know the team will ALWAYS have each other back no matter what. I know Mhai Bhai will look after his kids especially his Cheeku and Ro. I know Rohith or whoever comes next will be a wonderful leader, I know Virat will be proud of the achievements they get even after him stepping down as a captain. I know Virat will continue to shine as a batter as long as he plays. And I know for a fact that you and I will always support the team, OUR TEAM

Let's be positive, let's be there for each other, forever and always.

An OS about "the team" coming soon~✨✨✨