Rishabh & Virat

Rishabh & Virat - Taking you under my wings

Rishabh Pant; a big name, a name that has so much brand value, a name that scares the opposition, a name that is the definition of pure entertainment. But for Virat, Rishabh was someone that had a close connection with him, someone who he truly loved batting with, a soul that only reflected innocence and joy did manage to adorn the heart of Virat as well.

Rishabh was an all-in-one package and the country like ours adored him, but that adoration does come with the cons of criticisms and judgments that flew out of nowhere when he played a series of bad shots.

Those trolls that made it's way to his Instagram inbox did bother Rishabh but he knew better than to pay any attention to the occasionally visiting trolls and advice from critiques, after all, he has learned and observed his captain all this while, Virat Kohli was the most criticized person in this country but it has always enlightened and amused Rishabh's heart when he sees his captain not bothering about the unnecessary noises.

When he delivered a crucial 100 against SA, today, he was feeling complete. When he saw the first ball coming at him today he thought to himself "I will prove everyone wrong", but then again, the skipper's words flashed in his mind, "Never play to prove anyone wrong, always play for yourself", he grinned at his captain who was standing at the other end, Virat grinned back not knowing the sudden enlightenment in the kid's eyes.

And that was it, Rishabh Pant unleashed his fearful batting, and Virat watched in awe as he saw his kid batting like the fearful batter that he is. He still remembered seeing the confused kid coming to the Indian Cricket team, since then he had gone through a lot, from being compared to his own idol to creating his own legacy, Virat had seen the struggle, hard work, and those determined face of Rishab. Virat had seen how Rishabh took places in each and every member of the team's heart, he had seen Rishab's frustration over the not so matured shot's he played. But now to see his kid developing into a fearful batter and perhaps the future captain, had an unknown fulfillment in his heart.

When Rishabh came back after the tremendous batting exhibition, Virat was the first to run over to him. "Rishuu" Virat yelled securing Rishabh's head under a mighty hug, "Bhayyaaa" Rsihabh yelled reciprocating the same level of excitement. And that was enough for them to convey the proud feeling and love they had for each other.

Later that night when Rishabh was resting in his room, Virat dropped by, "Hey Rishuu" Virat yelled, "Bhayya" Rishabh greeted. "I am so proud of you," Virat said motioning over for a hug and the twinkling in Rishabh's eyes conveyed the beautiful feeling that is self-love; he was proud of himself "because his Virat Bhayya had said that he was proud of him so he must have done something extremely good today," he thought to himself.

A quick one, but I AM SO PROUD OF RISHY BABY!!!!!!