Part 1 of 4

Merlin couldn't believe his luck. Not only did he manage to save Gwaine, but also managed to get to Arthur quickly enough to the lake. It has been a close call and he was happy that it worked out. Yet there was still the elephant in the room about his magic. It was not that Arthur didn't know but how he was dealing with this.

The king was avoiding that topic and he could see that the man was figuring out what to do with this. Then there was Gwen who was giving Arthur those looks. Merlin knew that the Queen was happy that he was able to finally be himself. A thing that she had picked up and he knew that she was glad to have now the law rewritten. It made it legal to have magic and be able to use it, only when it doesn't end up being for a bad purpose. Like harming someone as an example.

Yet the laws weren't yet fully active and there was still a lot to do. People still were wary about magic but slowly they got used to it. His friends were both offended and a bit wary about his magic capability. Not that they expected him to harm anyone, that much they knew but they knew what magic could do. Though Gwaine was the first to quickly shrug it off, even mentioning that he had always felt that he was having magic. With Gwaine, others followed though Leon still would take time to accept this fully.

Either way, things were slowly calming down and now he was even busier with having to make allies with other kingdoms who have magic legal and the druids. It was straining but by no -after almost six months things calmed down- that was until Arthur was acting awkward and there was a slight pink hue whenever the king was interacting with him. Not only that but Gwen seemed to give a knowing expression whenever that was happening.

The two were still in love, but there was this shift that Merlin had picked up. Nor was he really sure why that was happening. He was not going to lie to himself, but there was this tiny crush on Arthur. Now that Merlin was sure that the king really accepted all of himself, it was freeing and weirdly enough Arthur was even acting at times that kind that it was off-putting.

"Merlin, take the day off, I know you are planning on working on a spell that makes it possible to teleport to other places." Arthur's voice interrupted his musing and made him blink.

"Uh, are you... Sick perchance?" He couldn't help but ask. "Or is it that you picked up a piece of cursed magic object?" Merlin was too weirded out this time and even let his magic roam free to check up on that.

"Merlin." The warning was heard clearly.

"Um, shut up?" He quipped and Arthur let out a snort and shook his head.

"Yes, and also no I am not cursed. Why would you even assume that?" Arthur's eyebrow even raised and he gave the man his own raised eyebrows in return.

"Simple you are way too nice and it's creeping me out slightly."

"Is it me giving you a free day?" Arthur asked and he nodded.

"Well I got a talk with Gwen and we decided that you need one. Also, I may have been way too harsh in the past, and know now how much you overworked yourself. Also, know that making a new spell needs time." The man shrugged at the end as if that wasn't a big deal.

Merlin should have known that his friend would be the one to suggest it, but that showed that Arthur was going to make sure to make everything up to him.

"I- Okay, appreciate." He felt a bit sheepish now and that was it. He got his first day off, a thing that he never expected, but at least now he could work on his new spell without much distraction.

.

.

.

His brows furrowed at the sharp pain that overcame him in his abdomen. It was just too strange for Merlin as the last thing he-

"For fucks sake, Arthur." He cursed under his breath and realized that his voice sounded different.

This was not something that he expected and from what he could tell that he was in a strange room. The place looked like a place that had white walls and it looked too bare for his liking. Brows furrowed at the confusing room. Then there was the strange thing that Merlin was wearing. It felt not too comfortable and rather stuffy, though weirdly enough the fabric felt a bit softer than what he was used to.