three

🎶Jet Black Heart by 5SOS🎶

I clicked on his contact and wait patiently for him to answer. It keeps ringing for another four times before his soft voice was heard.

"Hello?"

"He... Hey Mew"

"G- Gulf, you... you call."

"Yes, love, I'm sorry for not replying. How are you by the way?"

"I... I... I don't know Gulf. I thought- I thought my decision is the best for us, but it just... it just breaks me even more than I already am. I... I miss you"

"I miss you too Mewwie and you're not alone, love I... I know it's hard, but you know, we uh... we kinda promised each other to still be friends remember? I just... I really wish you would forgive me you know, and maybe... maybe we can start over? Well if you don't mind of course."

"Yea... yeah sure. I hope the same thing, and I... I already forgave you by the way although it still hurts, and I hope you'll forgive me too. But it's not like I can hold a grudge towards you, I mean I actually can, but it's not like it'll change the past right?"

"Yeah, I'm so sorry Mewwie."

"I know you are, Gulf. And um... so, what now?"

"Are we friends?"

"Yes, we are, why?"

"Are we... are we like still able to tell each other everything and use that 'no more hiding and no more lie' rules?"

"Yeah of course, why did you ask this?"

"I'm just... just making sure? I really wish we can start over Mew. I... really do love you, ya know. I realised everything I've done to you and I guess you've realised what you did too, and I truly am sorry for all of that, and I... I know that no matter how sorry I am, it still can't change anything, but I'm uh... I'm still sorry. I just wish we could forget who we are and dive into the dark. And I hope you are willing to do this with me, and uh... I hope we can just burst into colour and return to life. I know I'm such a fucked up and have this Jet Black Heart, and I know you're tired of me because of this, but I wish... I wish you're still willing to help me." I was sobbing by the time I finished and I can hear him sniffling on the other line.

"Kana, baby... I- I already forgave you and uh... I- I'll help you. And no, you're not a fucked up, love. It was just your brain and all the demons that were inside of you. Remember Gulf, everybody got their demons even wide awake or dreaming and yeah... let's forget who we are and dive into the dark as we burst into colour returning to life, because there's these chemicals moving between us and I thought it is the reason for us to start again, well uh... ya know what I mean."

"Thanks, Mew. That really means a lot to me."

"There's no need to thank me, we're mates, aren't we?" I can't help but let out a pained giggle escape my lips, knowing that he was also crying through that bitter smile.

"I really do love you, Mew..."

"I know..."