Chapter 20: Make Me Sane

Tsireya didn't mean to stare.

She really didn't.

Actually, she was minding her own business, practicing on her spear combat before going on a walk on her own to get her mind off a few things - more so about herself. Things have not been the greatest or easiest joy ride as it once was, not like how it was at High Camp.

High Camp felt like escaping a reality - one where it consisted only consisted of training and beating your competitors no matter if bones needed to be broken. Learning at High Camp was like going on an adventure every day, becoming one with the forest and even growing more spiritual with Eywa.

It was a magical experience. 

Now being home it's like Tsireya had to snap back to being that fierce warrior that she is, and she can't lose her composure not once.

Especially around Lo'ak, not like how she was once before.

However that hasn't been too much of an issue since his behavior lately, makes it easier in avoiding him.

Until tonight.

In the midst of Tsireya's walk, she stopped by two trees when she saw a movement from the corner of her eye. After taking a closer look, she spotted Lo'ak there practicing with his own spear on his own. It's clear to tell that he's been practicing for hours and hours because of how much he's sweating and exhausting his body seems to be, yet that didn't stop him from moving with the spear brutally with every muscle in his body.

Tsireya inner instructor mode began to be activated as she observed him, watching his fierce movements and how much he has improved since the first day he got here. He's not treating this as carelessly as he used to when he first arrived here, on contraire, he's as competitive now as anyone else is - probably even more.

He's already skilled as it is, so having him be able to demonstrate it and act on his abilities while also improving drastically, it'll make anyone give a head nod in approval. 

Not only has his skills improved, but his body has also changed. From being thin as the Omaticaya people are, now he's more muscular and lean - not as much as Neteyam is, but he definitely has a thicker outline of his muscles because of how much he trains on himself.

Now that his brother is off his shit, he has a bigger competition to face, there's no doubt about that.

The longer Tsireya stared at him, the more difficult it became for Tsireya to keep her guard up.

Since the day Tsireya met him, he's always been gentle when it came to approaching her. He's sincere, and spoke of things that he holds inside most of the time. They had a deep emotional connection with each other, right from the start, and it's something Tsireya new was genuine.

Now as she sees him, she still sees that boy who made her feel like she can be loved - despite her reputation on being an ice princess. 

He gave her that hope. 

It's not easy to just forget it existed.

It seems as though that connection was stronger than expected because Lo'ak suddenly flickers his gaze up, meeting Tsireya's line of sight - making her realize how intently she was staring at him.

Tsireya isn't one to get embarrassed easily, which is why she didn't look away when their eyes met. Lo'ak on the other hand, seemed a bit flustered, offering a strange smile with a head tilted to the side.

"Watching me now my love?"

This is not the same Lo'ak she gained feelings for, so she's not going to entertain it.