Chapter 5: Training Day

Ao'nung should've trained with Neteyam since the first day.

Well, for the most part.

He's a strict and direct instuctor, but Neteyam is far more intense than any of his siblings combined.

Ao'nung found that out the hard way.

Early that morning of their first day training, Ao'nung was awakened by him. Well, not in the way you may think. Neteyam never did anything to wake him up. No, Neteyam was quietly sitting beside him, watching him.

He watched him breathing peacefully in his sleep, how his body moved with a longer time in between his inhales and exhales - showing his clear ability to hold in his breath for a longer time than the Omaticaya people.

He observed his body; toned muscles, stiff, and tough to the naked eye. It's obvious to see how he spends most of his days and nights working out, even if it's a daily necessity to swim in the water.

He studied his arms, seeing how rippled his arms are compared to his own. Showing he has great strength, or at least focuses on building up muscle rather than staying lean.

Neteyam shifted his gaze to his legs, measuring mentally how strong they could be for push on speed, along with his tail.

Neteyam studied him quietly, without moving a single muscle of his body, and by the time Ao'nung finally felt the stare on him in his sleep, Neteyam has finished organizing mentally the best ways on training him for the role of the Olo'eyktan.

Yet that's not how Ao'nung saw it when he woke up, seeing Neteyam staring at him head on without making even his breathing sound so loud. Ao'nung clearly was not expecting him to appear like that - anticipating some quick ruckus or shouts from his siblings as some intensive military work out - so he shrieked so loud that it woke both Tsireya and Rotxo in the process.

Seeing him awake was all it took for Neteyam to have their session begin.

He yanked Ao'nung to his feet and lead him out the shack, and right off the bat he made him run. That entire early morning revolved on running from mountain to mountain of the hallelujah mountains. Yes, even through the thick vines in between the mountains.

Neteyam never once said where they were going, even when Ao'nung asked.

He just kept running.

And Neteyam runs so fucking fast.

Ao'nung never expected to have his body be tested out like this, in one go, yet he kept up well. He knows Neteyam is testing him how good he can pull off his own weight, and luckily for him Ao'nung is pretty active.

The vines were the bit where he struggled - the height being the main factor to that - but after the third mountain they crossed, he found the hang of it on his own. There was a point in which where his body screamed for rest, to stop, to get a breather. Yet whenever he saw Neteyam, seeing him pushing himself to run, Ao'nung found himself doing just that until the end.

Until they returned back to High Camp, just in time for breakfast.

That run - from the second they woke up to now - being entirely a sprint run, rather than a careful jog. Not once did they stop, and if they did it was to figure out on how to jump to catch the vines from the floating mountains to climb up. 

Yes, Neteyam is that insane.

Well you see, in case you're double thinking it, that was not the reason why Ao'nung believed he should've trained with Neteyam sooner, no absolutely not.

Running with a pace like that is a death wish to anyone - he barely even survived through it.

It's because once they got to the direhorse part of their training, Neteyam instructed him specifically on how to position his body and his legs for the comfort of his body type. It wasn't that much different than how Ao'nung had it before, but the difference felt obvious when the direhorse moved.