bloodhound

Passing through those ancient gates, it was a surprise to see that Tommy had come back for her. Jumping out of the car to open her door, there was a silent understanding between the two of what she had just done. Tommy, wasn't all the best when it came to handling emotions but he could recognize when someone was hanging by a thread, all he could do was offer a cigarette and a calm solace for her to reflect. And that's exactly what she did, observing the forever-changing scenery surrounding them as Tommy drove against the wind and rain, it was the first time she felt truly free. Not from her abusive husband, not from her controlling brothers but from her own mental shackles, her own emotional restraints had been lifted. 

However, she was pulled back into actuality when Tommy turned off the ignition. It was confusing, as she looked around and hadn't recognized the area. He had decided to park across the street from a rather grand white-painted London mansion- a similar design to Tony's. But her brows were raised just the same, "What are we doing here?" She turned to him, only to see that he was checking a document, holding it under the stirring wheel, subtly, not wanting her to see what he was doing. "Thomas?" she was ignored as he swiftly slid the file away under his seat, clearing his throat, indicating to the officer approaching the vehicle, pea\king his head down slightly so it was level with the window closest to Zoey. "What's your business?" Zoey took the initiative, giving the man a kind smile while Tommy peaked up through his cap, discreetly resting his finger under his bottom lip. "Sorry Officer, we're just a bit lost." explained with an unnecessary cheer, she noticed policemen and other members of authority responded better to her if she was smiling. Looking between the pair with a hint of suspicion playing in his eyes, eventually, the man had fallen for her ditsy demeanor and returned her smile, "Alright then Love, you and your fella will have to find somewhere else to park. You can't stop here." He gave her a final smile before Tommy started the engine up again checking his watch and mumbling to himself '23 seconds'. 

"What was that about?" She asked him with concerned eyes, but Thomas just kept his focus on the road ahead not giving her an answer. Sighing, she had given up, she may not have known this man for a long time but she knew him well enough to know if she wanted answers she'd have to get resourceful. So she made a mental note in her head not to forget that strange encounter, because she can smell when something is shady like a bloodhound, and Tommy was dripping in blood.