Chapter 1

"Whoa" was all I could say whenever I got off the plane. I can't believe I'm actually in Australia. My name is Alisha and for a girl coming from a small town in the US to this amazing country I'm actually really shocked. We've moved around my whole life because my dads company take him all over the place but we've never been out the US. But this time he promised me this is our last stop before graduation (looks like I'm not graduating from American high school after all.) Ive never been in a school longer than a year now that sounds like a normal life right.

I've been on four softball teams in the past two years. I barely even have time to remember anybody's name before we are up and gone. But I've got two years left so hopefully the best. But it's kind of hard to do that when you're 5 foot 9 and everyone thinks you act like a boy just because you like to do stuff they do. But maybe it will be different here.

Ok more about myself. I have bright blue eyes and caramel brown hair that is beyond curly with very very light skin I don't know how that's going to work out in Australia. I play softball which is life and basketball. And my lifelong dream is to become a singer but like that'll ever happen.

Even though we moved around a lot I never forgot where I am really from. The South. That might be why I try to fit in country music in every playlist on my phone. Plus my grandparents live in NC where I'm originally from and I visit every summer so yeah. 

Once we left the airport me and my dad got a taxi to take us to our new house. I wonder if it's like all the others just a little neighborhood with a bunch of people my age around so I can try and make friends but they never end up knowing my first name.

The taxi ride takes about 30 minutes so I guess that's a good distance away from bustle of the airport. We get there and this house is a lot different.

This place is huge!!! The house is a two story house that looks like a mansion to me. There was a red brick outside and huge windows with white shutters. But that's not what I was excited about I was excited because there was so much land. we had a lake in our backyard plus a pool and it looked like the land just keep going for days it was the most beautiful place I've ever seen. my dad unlock the door and I ran inside as fast as I could to try and find the best room in the house because I didn't want my brother taking one that I wanted when he got here with my mom next week.

I finally choose my room it was the best room I've ever had. Two huge windows that give a view to the backyard, yellow walls and blue birds painted across the wall, my favorite colors. I laid all my stuff down and just plopped down on the bed I actually feel like I belong here.

"Al you better come down here I told you as soon as the cars got here we had to go sign you up for school" my dad yelled up the stairs. "Coming Dad" and I grabbed my phone and ran down stairs. Our white trailblazer must have just been delivered.

We got to the school and HOLY COW this school is amazing!!!!

It was two stories of brand new everything. Brand new computers, TVs, and smart boards. The cafeteria was huge and the gym was great. But the softball field was BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

My dad and I went into the main office and met the principle and signed me up for school. "We will see you tomorrow Miss Smith" said the principal as me and my father left the office.

I let my dad go to the car while I explored the school a little more. When I was about to leave the door swung open and nocked me down.

"Ouch!" I said when I hit the ground "Oh my gosh I'm so sorry" said a boys voice.

I looked up to see a boy with light brown curly hair, hazel eyes, and an amazing body. He reached his hand down and I took it and he pulled me to my feet.

"I haven't seen you around here, are you new?" he asked me flashing the cutest smile "Yeah I just moved here, today actually." I said smiling back. "Well sounds like your from far away I like the southern accent."

"Thanks but I think yours is better, I'm Alisha by the way" I said. "I'm Ashton, so I'll see you tomorrow I'll give you the grand tour" he said spining around with his arms spread wide which made me giggle. "Ok, I'll see you tomorrow Ashton" and I walked out the door.

When I was out of the door I smiled and thought "Is everything in Australia gorgeous?"