Chapter 4

[Ren]

Sitting on his bed, observing his phone, Ren analyses his friends' emotions, which are far more extreme than what he expected. After all, he only told his friends that he'll be staying for another month.

"What the hell! No way," Ryuji expressed through his text.

"You're joking!" Ann responded.

"Excellent news." Was Yusuke's response.

"That's fantastic!" Makoto excitedly replied.

"!!!WHAT!!!" Futaba exclaimed.

"Wow, really?" Haru texted the group.

"That's great, Senpai." Responded Sumire.

Even Morgana was excited. "I know that I'd be heading with you back to your hometown, but that's still great. We get to hang out with the team for longer."

"And you can hang out with Ann more," Ren responds.

"What?" Morgana immediately returns.

...

...

Ren, watching the rest of the group go wild, produces an enormous smile on his face and almost brings tears to his eyes. He would be saying bye to his friends, but it would not be now.

"What a wild year it's been," Ann replies.

"You can say that again." Makoto continues

"I think that all of us can agree." Yusuke furthers.

"Despite only joining the team a few months ago," Sumire expresses, "I sympathise with all of you."

Ren chuckles with himself, analysing his friends, feeling the same celebratory emotions as them.

Futaba decides to add only the most necessary text to the conversation. "Ren! Don't leave us hanging."

Ren laughs harder on his bed as he responds. "I'm still here."

Significant time passes as the group includes their impressions of laughter before another non-repetitious text is produced. "Not to break from the moment," applies Ryuji, "but while we're on the topic of the phantom thieves, have you noticed that Mishima hasn't taken down the Phan site?"

"Although we're not phantom thieves anymore," Makoto interrupts.

"Exactly."

Ren hadn't thought about the site since defeating Maruki. They must have forgotten to tell Yuuki that they can't take people's hearts anymore.

"Good point." He replies to the group. "Did anyone tell him that we aren't phantom thieves anymore?" As expected, it is followed by multiple variations of 'nope'.

"Thought so."

As he wouldn't be able to view the website after it was deleted, he decides to check it out one last time. After telling the group, he flicks to the website on his phone and sees the website that greatly assisted them with helping others. The red and black, abstract, geometric aesthetic. The creative and expressive text which reflected how they wrote their calling cards with a collage aesthetic. Mishima must have put all his effort into making the site look creative and cool.

Ren, moving his eyes towards the lining of requests from the people of Japan, sees how many people there are that they can't help, but the community doesn't realise it. Maybe it could be good that there aren't any burdens that we don't have to carry anymore. Though the more people whose requests are being uncalled for, the more he realises how much help they gave the people of Japan.