Chapter 7

"So have you found it out yet?" Makoto asks.

The group hadn't wasted any time before meeting up again, as on the first day of the holidays, they were all around the school gates like Tomas requested. The group was dressed in casual, spring clothing which was familiar to Tomas from his visions. Despite this, Tomas, continuously intimidated by the group, arrived in an up-market t-shirt with chinos; far more formal than the rest of the thieves.

"I think so," Tomas responded. "Over the last night, I've gone over multiple alternatives in case some of these don't work. I just want to make sure everyone's here before we do this."

Not long after Tomas says that, Ryuji walks up the stairs of the school towards the group.

"Ok. I've checked around, and it seems like nobody's nearby to hear us." He loudly alerts the group.

"Well, if there were people nearby, they would have definitely heard that," Ann tells him. "Keep it down."

After Ryuji lightly apologises, Ren takes out his phone and, after confirming that the Meta Nav is still on his phone, starts to browse to it.

"So how does this work?" Tomas asks. As an accidental observer of the thieves' operations, he understands the general idea of how they work, but not the finer details. As Ren opens his app, he begins to explain it to Tomas.

"Simply, we need 3 things; you're name, which we know." Tomas almost reminds Ren about the unique spelling of his name, before remembering how Japanese writing is based on sounds and thus, wouldn't change, different from his native English. "Alright, next, we need a location."

After a confused look from Tomas, Futaba chimes in to clarify. "It's the place that you had the 'strongest feelings towards'."

"Judging by how you asked us to meet here," Sumire adds. "I would assume that it was the school?"

After some more silence from Tomas, as he absorbs the information given, he responds with. "Oh, right. Yeah, I believe it's the school." As he turns to Sumire, he states "That's exactly what I was thinking of meeting here." Tomas is once again impressed with her intellect. 'What a smart girl.' He thinks, gleaming up inside.

While Tomas expects Ren to give another prompt, he is instead confused when a robotic voice comes out of his phone saying 'No destination found.' The group turns to Tomas, awaiting his unknowing response.

"Oh... shoot. I was almost certain that was it. Sorry."

"It's OK. We rarely get it first try." Haru tells him "What are some other places that you think strongly of, Crosson-kun?" She then politely asks. Meanwhile, Tomas is embarrassed and concerned as he tries to think of other places important in his life.

"Um... how about my apartment?" Ren puts 'The Crosson Residence' into the app, however, it is followed by the same robotic voice.

"Maybe I have to be more specific."

"Don't bother," Ren gently cuts. "It worked like that the other times. It's not the correct location."

As Tomas begins to get pissed off, he calms down by trying to think harder about what places meant something to him. He then notices Sumire standing there in the group; someone who knows almost as much of himself as he does.

"Could you perhaps help me, Sumire," He kindly asks. After replying with a simple agreement, the two struggle for a moment until they resort to throw-away answers.

"I don't know. You like going to Miura beach, so...?" She audibly muddles.

'Destination Found'