what if-chapter5

Sean's pov

"Have you guys seen Jake? It's my turn to look after him this time right? "
"It's your turn and you lost him? "
Daisy faced right then left then frowned at me.
"You CAN'T even do a simple job? "
"It's not that simple ok? I didn't know he wouldnt be in the cafeteria"
I said trying to contain my whimper as daisy had that death stare(like in episode 10 )

She sighed heavily, trying to calm down.
"Let's just ask around"
I nodded my head, too scared to answer.

"Excuse me? Have you seen Jake? "
Daisy lightly tapped on Luke's shoulder but didn't see it was him since the back was facing daisy.

"Jake? In the pink room. He ran there crying after what Zander did to him. "

I raised my eyebrow. Oh man what happened this time? It can't be that bad right?
"What happened" I asked.
"Jake asked Hailey to hangout and yknow Zander specifically told him to stay away from us that day when the incident happened. So since he didn't listen, Zander grabbed his shirt and gave him an extra warning. And then laughter was heard from around the school and he ran to the pink room crying. I kinda feel bad for him now. Someone said something terrible to him which made the laughter come and it's because of us that he's crying. "

Luke looked down towards the floor. He seemed as if he felt really guilty even though it was not his fault.

"It's not your fault"
I said as I went off to the pink room and let daisy handle luke. Right now my top priority is Jake.
~
I went inside the pink room and found Jake with his head in his knees, crying on the floor.

"Jake? Are you alright? "

He raised his head. Immediately saw me and his face scrunched up into a frown.

"Do I LOOK OKAY TO YOU?"
"No no you don't"

Tears fell out of his eyes as I sat beside him. He kept sobbing as I decide a way to start up the conversation.

"Jake-"
"I don't get it I have a feeling you're lying yknow about me not doing anything to cause this bullying. Can't you just tell me what's wrong? "

"It may be hard Jake but it's the truth you didn't do anything wrong. We just live in a judgemental society that's all"
"I'm pretty sure you're either lying or you don't know anything which I also assume it's impossible. You said you guys were my first friends in high school so you must know something or are you lying about that too? HUH? "
I faced the ground. I can keep lots of secrets from everyone like how my family fights and I can just tell everyone I'm okay when the truth is I'm not. But they don't exactly need to worry about me since I can handle it myself. But for some weird reason this is different. Like I need to expose the truth even though it would hurt Jake badly.

No. I can't do that. Jake can't feel the same hatred to himself that led him to the accident in the first place. I made a promised to the girls to not say anything about Jake's past. In order for things to get better. He is so far living a happier life like this and that's what most important.

"So I'm right I did do something wrong"
"Fine.but I'm not telling you what you did.ok? "
"Why can't you tell me? Isn't this my own problem I need to fix?"
"I'm sorry but this problem is not exactly fixable... And it's better for you to live without knowing then live with knowing"

I got up, gave a hand to Jake as he abided.
"Don't I deserve the right to know? "
"I'm sorry but I can't tell you right now you have to wait for the right time ok? "

The bell rang signalling the end of lunch. We walked out of the pink room as I followed him to his class before going to mine.
~
Another day in school. 😑this is getting pretty exhausting actually but I only came here to see daisy.

Oh there's Jake what's he doing? Is he looking at Hailey? Wait. Hailey left and now Jake is going to her locker putting a little note inside. A love letter maybe?

The bell rang for class. And I knew I had get out of there before any teacher catches me for skipping.

What Jake did certainly has left me speechless. Man I hope things don't go wrong.

Author's note:hey there (●’◡’●)ノ another cliffhanger well not exactly. Anyway I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. I'm still sick 😞but hopefully I'll be better tmr. I'll write another chapter tmr and you'll find out about the letter that Jake wrote to Hailey 🤔any thoughts?