Chapter Six

The water was packed with swimmers hoping to avoid the intense heat wave. Kids throwing balls in multiple directions, little assholes throwing rocks at the ducks, and adults lounging in their chairs getting shit-faced and ignoring their offspring's God-awful behavior. Which, didn't surprise me.

My balls felt like they were melting into my inner thighs when I spotted Jessie, and her friends, over by the far end of the shore. As per usual, they were focused on flaunting their bikinis and exposed bodies. My heart rate sped up as I made my way over to them. I wasn't exactly sure how I was going to word this, but I needed to know. I needed to make sure I didn't impregnate a girl I barely knew.

Oh God, please let me have this one thing and I'll promise to never drink and fool around at the same time again.

"Evan!" Jessie yelled from her towel. I nodded my head to her, which still hurt like a bitch, and continued closing the gap between us. 

"Hercules!" A little boy's voice ripped through the thundering pulse in my ears. I turned to my right and shielded my newly sensitive eyes from the sun, and saw Calian in the water, hanging halfway out of a donut printed inner-tube.

"Hey kid!" I yelled over to him, trying with all my might to restrain myself from scanning the shore for Brooke. Despite the overpowering urge flowing through me to do so. Right now, however, I needed to stay focused and get this over with so my stomach could, hopefully, return to normal. "Save some fun for me!"

When I got to the small cluster of young ladies, Jessie looked up at me with a grin that mixed 'happy to see me' with 'how fucking dare you'.

"Wanna sit?" She asked, with a touch of cold in her tone.

"Actually, can we take a walk real quick?" My hands were shaking. I couldn't tell if it was from fear of becoming a dad or from the adrenaline burning through my veins due to having zero recollection of my night. The bones in my face throbbed.

"Yeah, sure. Everything okay?" She replied while slowly standing.

"Yeah, all good. I just want to talk to you about last night."

"Don't do anything we wouldn't do!" One of the other girls yelled over to us, I didn't recognize her. Nor did I respond.

We left the beach and before either of us spoke I could tell she was nervous, as was I. She kept playing with her hair and looking over at me as I walked in silence, unsure of how to start.

"So, what's up?" She asked, twirling one of her curls between her fingers.

"This is going to sound odd, but what happened last night?"

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"The last thing I remember was seeing you in my tent, and then I must have blacked out because I don't remember anything after that, or anything from earlier," I was sweating.

"You don't? Oh, that sucks." She sounded deflated. "Well, honestly, I tried to get you in the mood, again. I even stripped! But you were totally out of it. You were passed out before you even made it full onto your bed but I grabbed your legs and flung them up onto it. Then I stayed a bit to make sure you were okay before I left."

"Wait, again?" I asked, my heart began to pound. Out of all those words, it was the only one I heard.

So, we did have sex!

"Well yeah, I wanted to continue where we left off." She giggled. "I was left a little, frustrated, you could say."

I had sex with her and apparently sucked at it! I don't even remember. What an ass.