Chapter 137: The Third Card (2)

"At this time, it is judged that this case is out of the authority of the imperial court, and under the authority of the Second Cardinal of the Holy Empire, I formally request Judge James to hold an inquisition here and now."

Cardinal Basel's stiff voice echoed throughout the courtroom. I knew Ito Souta felt confused about everything that was happening. The fact that he became a blasphemer was undeniable, but it was also true that this had stemmed from his ignorance.

'What a stupid guy.'

His ignorance would be the very cause of his downfall. This all happened because he had inevitably called the fantasy potion a drug. Considering that it had been a mistake on his behalf, there may have been room for an extenuation, at the very least.

However, the problem lay with Cardinal Basel, who was now trying to hold the Inquisition trial.

Of course, the reason why I had met with cardinal priests wasn't just to build friendships. Of course, establishing a relationship with them was by no means a bad thing, but it also created amazing opportunities for me.

For example, it gave me an opportunity to screw you over.'

It was not a big deal to experience hallucinations after presenting the wine made from holy water. Of course, the wine I had given to Cardinal Basel had been specially made by me.

It had the same mechanism as the fantasy potion, but it was a luxury item that could not be said to come from the same roots.

[Sacred Wine: Heroic Grade]

[It is a wine made from holy water, called a gift from God. This wine, which is a mixture of several complex ingredients, has the effect of permanently increasing the Holy Power stat by 2 and recovering the consumed Holy Power, limited to the first glass. Sometimes it shows something special.]

'There's no need to say anything else.

Only about 8,000 gold was needed to make the bottle.

Of course, it hadn't been that complicated to make, but the situation I was trying to create was a bit difficult in itself. The fantasy potion was out of my control not in its creation - there was an alchemy factory in Blue - but in its gathering of ingredients. It might have been impossible, if Ito Souta had not been under investigation.

No, it was definitely impossible.

What I did after making the holy wine was very simple. I simply had a meal with Cardinal Basel and drank the wine together. The scene that unfolded afterwards had been even more elaborate.

'Puhahaha.

It was something that would happen after 20 years.

The scene had showed to Souta, who eventually signed a contract with a demon summoned from hell. In short, I had showed Cardinal Basel a gruesome scene for someone of his profession.

Of course, the man himself struggled to protect both the Holy Empire and the Goddess of Benigore. Thus, it would be natural to think of Ito Souta as an enemy.

The cardinal would've seen Souta slowly and carefully entering the Pope's fold, and, five years later, controlling the Pope himself. At this point, Basal would have also seen himself as the church's only hope, and the only one who would dare stand against the Yamato Guild leader.

'Very good.

What he had seen was a lonely fight between Cardinal Basel and Ito Souta that lasted a very long time. As with any Apocalypse, Cardinal Basel would lose everyone he loved, and he would eventually face a very miserable and painful death.