Chapter 144: Going Home (4)

On the way back to the Guild House, we were able to talk about various things. We mostly caught up on what had happened with each other, but it was fun overall.

At first, Jung Hayan eyed Cho Hyejin cautiously, but immediately lost interest when it appeared like there was no connection between her and me. My only problem was...

'A new person has entered.'

My thoughts kept repeating themselves as I continued to observe her. In short, my initial reaction of her was similar to Jung Hayan's.

Park Deokgu seemed to respect Cho Hyejin a lot, though. It seemed like the two had gotten close while I had been away.

Of course, the conversation in itself wasn't bad.

"Hey, Hyejin-ssi."

"Yes?"

"What do you think about our hyung-nim?"

"He seems to be as wise as I've heard. In fact, I was always curious about who was able to organize the papers so well..."

"Without Lee Kiyoung, it would have taken longer for the guild to establish itself."

"Yes, Master. I thought... it definitely wasn't an amount that could be solved by himself..."

"You're exaggerating. I didn't do it alone. This was possible because of the help of others. There are many talented people within Blue."

Having Kim Hyunsung and Park Deokgu chattering made me feel happy. The fact that there was someone I didn't know hurt a little, but I gave way simply because I saw how happy Hyunsung was.

Cho Hyejin was still growing. She didn't show her full potential yet. Nevertheless, it had already reached this much. She had a lot more room to grow in the future. She might even be able to grow into having a Guild Master-level power in the future, considering her attributes.

Assuming that Kim Hyunsung had indeed come from the first timeline and had met her before, then it would surely be beneficial to have her on our side.

The only thing I had to focus on was which position I would take.

Should I push her away, or accept her?

The latter, of course, was reasonable. The fact that there were people like this would help the guild itself. If Kim Hyunsung's kingdom were to grow bigger in the future, having competent members like her would surely be useful. She was knowledgeable in both literary and martial arts, and her power and talent levels were way beyond the ordinary.

There was no reason for me not to accept her.

The problem was that my influence would be reduced. Until then, for me, who had monopolized the love of Kim Hyunsung, having a sudden rival did not sit well with me.

'Although, it's pretty hard to imagine Kim Hyunsung being crazy about a woman...

He wouldn't probably be like that. Of course, if colleagues from the first timeline like Cho Hyejin continue to come in, I felt worried that our Hyunsung would neglect our already-existing party.

In Park Deokgu and my case, who had relatively low stats, we might be left in the dust.

Of course, if I were to think about it in another way, the division of power was necessary. I had to reject having too much power on my side.

However, I had to think that it was also a little too early. Even if forces that could keep me in check appear after Kim Hyunsung's kingdom had been established, it would not be late. There was no room to be worrying about principles; now, rapid growth was needed.