Chapter 155: Little Rock (2)

The short date was over. Thanks to that, I was able to have a good time with Jung Hayan, as well as find out how Castle Rock worked - almost like market research.

I was able to check how much their commodities were priced, and I was very satisfied. It seemed as if Castle Rock had a better condition than what initially thought.

'Ah, but the reason why is obvious...'

Most of the hunting grounds around Lindel were already saturated. Of course, it had many jobs, but there was no shortage of unemployed citizens, either. Compared to that, Castle Rock was still full of jobs, and as a new city, it was definitely not lacking.

Its resources were abundant, and it was considered both a strategic location and the ideal economic hub.

'It's more useful than I thought...'

It didn't seem like a bad idea to buy some land. Both the merchants and adventurers were active, and there was sufficient demand for certain necessities.

What was a little funny was...

'Signs of danger?'

It didn't look like a city where big things were going to happen.

According to Kim Hyunsung, something will happen in this city within the next month.

Our returner told me that there would be an imminent danger to Castle Rock, based on some data, and that was why we went on an expedition here in the first place. However, everything seemed peaceful, which meant that the people were blissfully ignorant of what was about to happen.

In the first place, the sign itself may have been a story that Kim Hyunsung made up, but one could never be too sure. Things might have been similar back in the first timeline, so it might prove to be a mistake not to prepare for such an event.

'Most of the people here must have died...'

I thought Marlin and Little Rock were no exceptions.

"They're lucky."

"Yes? Did you say something, oppa?"

"After looking around a bit, I think we can definitely distribute our potions here."

"Ah! You said they were lucky that people could use the potion you made!"

"Yes. As I said before, Castle Rock lacks priests. The potions here are of poor quality. Even more so when compared to the potion I made."

"I see."

"Of course, my overall level of alchemist has not risen by much, but... Since there is a lot of demand, it means that goods of that quality are also sold. Castle Rock is ideal..."

"I agree."

"I didn't think they were making potions in the Little Rock Guild."

"I don't think so, either."

I smiled a little at Jung Hayan, who was constantly giving me encouraging replies. As we continued moving, Little Rock Guild slowly came into view.

'It's pretty fancy.

The Guild House itself was better than Blue's. I could see that they were using a fairly large site.

I didn't know about the architectural details, but it felt like a good quality material was used. Overall, the impression of showing off was strong.

'Even the Red Mercenary is not that bold...'

Song Jungwook's disposition definitely did not lie. He was the type of person who valued his appearance and was faithful to his ambition.