Chapter 160: What Money Can't Buy (1)

A few days had passed since the day I spoke with Cho Hyejin. I started to get serious about my work, and although I tried to get around by myself, it was Song Jungwook of Little Rock that proved to be a harder worker than me.

He started promoting my potions to other guilds and clans as if he had pledged his loyalty to me, and before I could even make a move, he brought the signed contracts to me.

It seemed like he wanted to get close to Marlin Young-ae and other nobles by visiting Yeongju Tower, but he was free to use his spare time the way he wanted, anyway.

Rather, there was one time when he introduced me to the lower aristocracy with a feeling that he wanted me to take advantage of his connections, so he must feel that we were even now.

Seeing him transforming into a loyal person was certainly disconcerting. Of course, that wasn't the only reason Song Jungwook continued to visit Yeongju Tower.

'Marlin Young-ae.'

He moved as if he had a deadline. The fact that he wanted to use Yeong-ae was a matter that I already noticed before, but since he was being obvious about it, I couldn't help but laugh.

'Do your best.'

Certainly, if Song Jungwook connected with Marlin Young-ae, there will be a lot to gain from his perspective. He could become an aristocrat, buy some land, and thus be freer about taxes. I didn't really know if he loved her or not, but the closer he could get to Marlin Young-ae, the closer he could become a part of the big-time capitalists that I had mentioned before.

I didn't have to say anything because it wasn't really something that would go against me, but I could tell that his intentions weren't good. Though Song Jungwook wanted to be close to me, he didn't want Little Rock to be under Blue's influence. On the outside, he planned to pretend to swear allegiance to me, and on the inside, he planned to somehow move around to reverse the situation. He was definitely a leaf with two sides.

'What a dishonorable guy.'

I had no intention of taking care of him, either.

All one had to do was wait for the moment to cut the line while not compromising too much. Of course, I planned to take everything I could before that. It was not only Song Jungwook who had been busy.

My other party members had also been busy. As I continuously went out for work every other day, I saw Kim Hyunsung busy evolving both Park Deokgu and Kim Ye-ri. Perhaps one of the other things Hyunsung had to do was persuade people by bringing the monster wave signs.

"Then I will be going out today too, Kiyoung-ssi."

"Okay. Hyunsung and Deokgu, be careful."

"Oh, I already told you that you don't have to worry. Anyway, it's okay because we'll just wander outside and do some investigating."

"If so, I won't worry. Hee-young-ssi, please also be careful."

"Yes. Do not worry."

"Hayan too."

"Yes... Sniff!"

"Stop crying."

This time I didn't have to take any measures, Kim Hyunsung would take care of this, and I trusted him. It was quite a pleasure to have a colleague you could rely on.

Based on what would happen in the future, Kim Hyunsung would collect information step by step and officially announce that information within Castle Rock.

Unlike the previous timeline, Castle Rock, which entered into a state of war, would prevent the attack from monster waves or named monsters, and our regressor may stand up as the hero who saved Castle Rock.