it's all so incredibly loud (uekiya & hayanari)

"why didn't you just hide it?"

summary: uekiya can't handle all of the noise. hayanari's just passing by.

Uekiya had a headache.

She'd been tired and aching all day, and wasn't quite sure why. Whatever reason, Uekiya wished she could run up to it and kick it in the face because the pain was that bad.

Uekiya was always good at hiding inconveniences like this.

A bit of pain did not compare to all of the crazy things she said or her weird habits or anything that made people look at her like she was mental.

In truth, everything she did made people look at her like she was mental, but again; Uekiya's good at hiding it.

The pain wasn't even the worst thing at this moment. Sure, the loud roaring of her classmates contributed to the pain, but the noise also felt like grating in her ears. It made her want to tear her skin off and scream at the top of her lungs, maybe start breaking down crying and throw something and someone.

That was mental. She knew that much.

So, Uekiya hid it.

She sat at her desk, trying to calmly finish her work while the teacher was gone. It was much too difficult to focus when just in front of her, Miyuji and Tsuruzo were singing a duet, with Kaga loudly and abruptly clapping to the beat and Gema randomly screaming at his game behind her and Budo howling with laughter and holy fuck even Geiju was being loud this is fucking insane what the hell-

Uekiya sharply inhaled at the sudden pulsing pain in her brain. She reached into her bag to grab a water bottle to possibly treat the headache, but she found it was empty.

Uekiya sighed. She was much too well-behaved to just leave, since Kanokogi-sensei had a strict rule about not leaving for any reason unless you got her explicit permission first, but she wasn't even there! And Uekiya was dying!

She can handle it. She can hide it. She'll manage.

Upon sitting up, Uekiya instantly concluded that she can't handle it.

Toga was also annoyingly clicking his pen, Musume was loudly whispering—how is that even possible!?—and Zametora was bickering with Kuroko and Shoku and Taro were just existing obnoxiously and it hurt so bad holy fuck shut up shut up shut up-

"Shut up...!" Uekiya whispered under her breath, her hand getting tangled in her hair as her brows intensely knitted together.

She heard Taro slam a book on the table, making her flinch and grab the other side of her head with her other hand. Now she was just going into an utter shutdown on her desk.

"Shhh...! Shush! Ow!" She muttered, trying her hardest to stay quiet.

It seemed like everyone got louder because of that.

It was hurting. Both in her head and just everywhere else.

"Shut up, shut up, shut up!"

While nobody could hear it, Uekiya finally snapped. She abruptly stood up, harshly snatching her bag off the back of her chair and storming out of the classroom with hands covering her ears.

She walked and walked and walked until she found herself in the foyer. Uekiya blinked in surprise, finally coming out of her shell to process her surroundings again.