And So It Begins

Chapter 1: And So It Begins

A pack of Hungarian Horntails join the fray as they give birth to the massive pillar of fire you see in the distance from the Gryffindor common room. You and your friends can't stand it any longer. You can't just wait. You need a plan.

"Everyone!" you shout.

They all turn their heads toward your direction.

"I need every witch and wizard in the room for their cooperation! The other students and professors need us! We know how to handle ourselves! We don't need to stay here! We can fight! We're a part of Dumbledore's Army, am I right? Then why not show them what Dumbledore's Army is all about!!!

Everyone cheers and shouts words of agreement as you rush out the room into the hallways. The ghosts are doing well fending off the Death Eaters, with some students from Hufflepuff and Slytherin house alongside them. You turn left as you make your way to the main Atrium and stop as a huge battle is happening inside the Great Hall.

"Split up! We need some students in there! Marie, Paul, and Sam will lead some of you into the Hall. Do your best!"

They nod their heads and you walk out the front gates.

"Students! What are you doing out here?!?" Professor McGonagall asks.

"We've come to help, professor!" you reply.

"We told you to stay in your common ro-"

"We can't just watch, professor! We can take care of ourselves! Let us aid in the battle!"
Professor McGonagall gives it a think and finally agrees.

"Thank you professor."

You head into battle as flames roar and people scream, spells flying everywhere like a broken rainbow soaring through the sky. 

*BOOM*

An explosion occurs on the west side of the building as you see a whole lightshow of blue, spectral animals dancing around and keeping the Dementors away. Patronuses! Dumbledore's army is there! 

*THWOMP*

Something knocks you back, leaving you with a strange feeling lingering in your chest. And then everything turns to black as you cripple and fall to the ground as the Death Eater facing you uses the Cruciatus curse on you. You scream in pain as she twists her wand, causing more torture as if your organs were being turned inside-out. Then it was all gone. You lost all feeling of the pain. Was it over? Did you pass out? Did your heart explode from the wrenching pain? Did you die without giving any support?

"Get up!" someone screams in a deep, rough voice. 

"Hagrid?" you softly ask, your words being carried away into the wind. 

You reach your hand out as he pulls you up. 

"Keep yer eyes out next time, yeah? Get to the Army. Yer Gryffindor fellows are already there!"
Your vision comes back and you look at Hagrid.

"What're you waiting for? Go!"

"Hagrid, what abo-"

"Just go!" he bellows. 

You nod and run off to where you saw the patronuses, dodging spells here and there, returning some and sending their targets flying. You needed to be there as fast as you could! 

*FWOOSH*

A stream of flame shoots right over your head, turning some Death Eaters into dragon BBQ, almost searing your hair off. You feel the heat on your neck and it makes you sweat along with the thought of losing to the forces of the You-Know-Who. What if you don't make it in time? What would the other students think of you? Will you lose reputation for making a ton of teens fight in a war you can't win? What if you die yourself? 

No! You think to yourself. Harry's here to help us. We can do this! If it weren't for him, there would be no Dumbledore's Army. I'll make it worth it!

You charge on with this motivation in mind and arrive at the scene. It looked as if everyone had a battle partner, exchanging spells with each other. The air crackles around you as if you can feel the power from both the opposing parties. Ginny Weasley and Harry Potter stealing the spotlight, fighting alongside each other, taking turns fighting the Dementors and Death Eaters. 

"EXPECTO PATRONUM!"

"REDUCTO!"

"EXPELLIARMUS!"

"EXPECTO PATRONUM!"

Jaw-dropping and awesome as always, those two. Ever since their first year, everybody said. You're in your 4th year so you've seen them since their 6th year at Hogwarts. They're like an inspiration to everyone. You jump into the battle with an excited look on your face, thrilled that you'll finally be able to fight with the Harry Potter.

"EXPECTO PATRONUM!" you chant. 

A bright blue light emits from your wand and your patronus charm comes out from the tip of it, as joyful as whenever you take it for a walk. It runs around, keeping the Dementors out of range as you walk slowly towards Harry and Ginny. Just then, 1 of the dragons found their way into the west wing and crashes in between you and the duo, spewing fire, searing almost everything in front of it. The ground shakes as it creeps forward. The Death Eaters, knowing they can't pass this wall of fire, wisely retreats, but the Dementors remained in place. You go around the dragon and finally reach Harry.

"Harry Potter! It's so nice to meet you! And Ginny Weasley!" you blurt out, slightly blushing. 

To be continued