"Pity the Backseat!"

Y/n's POV:

After the movie, Two-Bit, Johnny, Ponyboy and I started walking out of the drive-in with Cherry and Marcia.

The four of us agreed to walk them home since their boyfriends wouldn't bother to pick them up. I walked with Marcia and Two-Bit, who were flirting and exchanging numbers.

I guess not all Socs are horrible because Cherry and Marcia were really nice. I guess other greasers just exaggerate it way more than it needs to.

Sure, the T-Birds and Mustangs are cool, but the way Cherry and Marcia talked about the Socs wasn't what I was expecting. They made me feel bad for them. Marcia made the idea of being a Soc irritating and frustrating.

Money isn't the only difference we have with the Socs. The Socs can always get away with everything but we can't. If the greasers stole a car, we'd go to jail. If the Socs stole a car, they wouldn't get no punishment at all.

But, watching there boyfriends drink and drive dangerously must be terrifying for Cherry and Marcia. They're nice people, they don't deserve any of that.

It didn't take long for a blue mustang to show up at where we were walking. Two-Bit and I stepped forward as two Socs got out of the car.

"Cherry?! What're you doing?!" Someone screamed at Cherry. That must've been her boyfriend. "Why're you hanging out with these bums?!"

"Hey, who you callin' bums, pal?!" I said, pulling out my blade. The other Soc he got out with — the person I think is Bob Sheldon — snaked his way over to Marcia. She looked so uncomfortable.

"Hey, it's the girl who's been bummin' around with that juvenile Dallas Winston!" Bob said to his friend. He came over, standing next to Bob and smirking.

"I would be careful if I were you, sunshine," he said. "There's three more of us in the backseat."

Two-Bit smashed his bottle and handed it to Ponyboy before spinning back around to point his switchblade at the Socs.

"Pity the backseat!"

After egging each other on for so long, I guess Cherry had had enough of this because she yelled at us to stop.

"We'll go with you!" She said to her boyfriend. "Let's go Marcia."

"What? But we can take 'em!" I shouted after her.

"I hate fights!" She retorted. "I hate them."

And with that, the Socs disappeared like dust.

Johnny and I were gonna go home but I told him that it was a bad idea to go back to our parents so Ponyboy let us stay with him and his brothers for as long as we need to.

The reason I said it was a bad idea to go home was because my parents are pissed at me. A couple nights ago, they caught me hanging out with Dallas in an alleyway, smoking. They were so mad at me that I thought they would kick me out. Instead, I have a few more bruises and knife cuts on my body.

I haven't told anybody about these cuts and bruises. I didn't want them to worry about me so I lied. I lied to Johnny, Dally, everybody. I just didn't want them to worry about me. I may seem tough, but when it comes to my home life, I crumble immediately.

Ponyboy, Johnny and I walked up the steps of the Curtis household. Two-Bit went to go drink some more so he left. The door flung open and Darry, Soda and Steve were all sat in the living room talking and laughing.

"Hey, how was the movie y'all?" Steve asked us.

"It was fine, Dally left early though and Tim Shepherd swung around tryin' to look for him," I said. "I'm gonna call Dally."