Chapter 19

Agastya closes his eyes and tilts his head back, resting it against the headrest of the rocking chair kept in the balcony. The cool night Breeze tickling his hairs. But this breeze couldn't whisk away his uneasiness, the stuffiness that he is feeling in his heart. The serenity and the calmness of the night couldn't calm down his mind that was on a ride of non stop thoughts.

It has been two hours since she left. He was on edge and he was barely holding himself from running to the guest room and dragging her back to his arms. This situation makes him realise how much she affects him. How much her accusing eyes looking at him for lying to her affects him. And all this just because he spent a few weeks with her? She shouldn't affect him this much. She is just someone who will be in his life for a few weeks and no more than that.

His phone rings. He parts his eyes and grabs his phone from his pockets and at one glance at the number flashing on his phone he groans in irritation. He ignored it but when it kept ringing he switched it off. He will deal with consequences later. Because he sure is aware that she will not be happy by getting ignored.

Suddenly he hears the click of the door and at a lightning speed he gets on his feet. His eyes caught her as she stood at the threshold wearing that saree.

Fuck, he wants to ram inside her mercilessly in that saree. 

He instantly ambles towards her.

Amelia glanced at him and smiled a small smile. Agastya halted, shocked by her reaction. It was like what happened hours ago didn't happen. Either she was acting ignorant or didn't care.

“You lied to me.” Amelia pointed out as she walked towards the bed and sat down. She crossed her legs. Agastya turned and faced her. She sat just a few inches away from him.

“I had to.” Agastya replied.

Amelia nodded her head as if understanding his situation. She crossed her hands across her chest and Agastya's eyes fell on her blossom visible through her low neckline crop top for a millisecond. 

“Are you guilty?” Amelia asked.

Agastya moved closer to her and pooped down on his knees in front of her. He has lost his mind for kneeling in front of her. She will surely get killed if someone saw her looking down at him and letting him kneel before her.

He wonders what if she knows the consequences of him kneeling in front of her. Will her feelings for him grow? How will she react when she realises she is the first for whom he kneeled? On the second thought she is the first whose orders, demands and tantrums he has fulfilled. 

He cupped her knees. He gets shocked when he feels it trembling under it. He looks up at her to see her pouting. He looked down at his hands that were cupping her knees. Her face showed that she was all fine but her trembling knees convey something else which is akin to fear.

‘Is she hiding her feelings?’

And the very next second Agastya grabbed her hand and pulled her in a hug. His hands come around her bare back.

“What are you doing?” Amelia asked surprised, not accepting this. It was odd and weird for her to receive a hug from him. It has always been her initiating the hug.

“Where did you learn to hide your feelings?” Agastya asked. 

He was wrong about her. Her life isn't cheerful. She has just gotten accustomed to pain and suffering. This makes him realise he knows nothing about her. He is not even aware of her actual feelings. But is he any different? He is also hiding everything from her. At the very least he knows her real name but as for her she doesn't know his real name.