Chapter 6

After some time of flying through space, the child got out of his pod, getting closer to the Mandalorian, while Juno looked at the stars around them. They were in complete silence when a device started beeping and a man could be seen through a transmission.

"Mando. I've received your transmission. Wonderful news. Upon your return, deliver the quarries directly to the client." He chuckled softly. "I don't know what he wants to do with them, but he's very antsy. Safe passage! You know where to find me." The message ends. Mando then turned to the child, seeing him holding a ball he took from some lever.

"It's not a toy." He said while taking the ball from him. He then took the child and put him back to the pod. Mando then looked at Juno. She was looking at him with sadness in her eyes.

"Do you really have to take us to them?" She asked innocently. She knew it was his job to deliver them to whoever the client was but she was hoping that he would change his mind. Before she woke up she had a dream that he took them somewhere safe and thought it might become true but looking at the Mandalorian now, seeing him look away from her and down to his hands, she knew it wasn't going to happen.

And so she just sighed and looked back at the stars, softly humming the lullaby her mother used to sing to her. This time, Mando didn't say anything about her humming. Instead he just piloted the ship to Nevarro.

~

After landing the ship, the Mandalorian lead the children through the town, going to the client. Both Juno and the child looked around curiously, feeling a bit scared of what would happen next. Juno suddenly took Mando's hand, feeling uncomfortable in an unknown place, but when he looked down at her she quickly let go, mumbling a small 'sorry'.

Eventually, they stopped at a door. Mando knocked and a droid came out of the wall, speaking alien language and scanned a card that Mando showed it. The door then unlocked and two stormtroopers exited, looking at the children. One of them nodded his head while the other grabbed Juno by her arm, holding her tightly. They walked down a hallway when the stormtrooper grabbed the pod, tilting it roughly.

"Easy with that." Said Mando, his eyes moving behind his helmet from the pod to the stormtrooper holding Juno tightly enough to leave a bruise.

"You take it easy." Replied the stormtrooper holding the pod.

They arrived to a room and the client stood, holding the beeping tracking fob. He moved closer to the children, repeating the word 'Yes' over again. Another man that was in the room joined him and inspected the children with some device.

"Very healthy. Yes. Both of them." The client then looked at Mando.

"Your reputation was not unwarranted." He said.

"How many fobs did you give out?" Asked the Mandalorian.

"These assets were of extreme importance to me. I had to ensure their delivery." He responded, moving back to the table. "But to the winner...go the spoils." He said while pulling out a camtono and placing it in front of Mando. He then opened it, revealing many beskar ingots. Mando joined him at the table, taking some of the ingots in his hands.

"Such a large bounty for such small packages." Said the client. The other men walked towards a door, taking the kids with them. The child cried while Juno was trashing in their arms.

"Hey, no!" She looked back at the Mandalorian. "Please don't let them take us! Please!" She yelled, terrified of what was going to happen, while the Mandalorian just watched.