Reality ✿

3rd person POV:

Chapter: this is reality

The darkened alleyway provided a sanctuary for Jay and Heeseung, two individuals whose lives were intertwined by a clandestine world. Shadows danced across their faces as they leaned against the graffiti-covered wall, their voices low but filled with an air of intensity.

Jay exhaled a cloud of smoke, his voice laced with a mixture of confidence and weariness.

"You know, Heeseung, being a damn mafia member wasn't exactly what I had in mind when I transferred here."

Heeseung, his gaze fixed on the distant city lights, nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, life has a way of throwing us into the most unexpected places. But we didn't choose this damn path, Jay. It chose us."

A moment of silence passed between them, the weight of their secret lives settling upon their shoulders. Their conversations were always laced with danger, the knowledge that even a whispered word could have dire consequences.

Jay's voice dropped to a whisper, his eyes scanning the surroundings for any signs of unwanted listeners.

"I never thought I'd end up working for the damn mafia. It's like a twisted dream turned reality."

Heeseung's jaw tightened, his voice tinged with a hint of bitterness.

"We do what we have to survive, Jay. The world isn't always kind to people like us. It's either fight or get swallowed by the damn darkness."

Jay flicked his cigarette, the embers scattering across the pavement.

"I get it, Heeseung. Survival is our priority. But sometimes, I can't help but wonder what life would be like if we didn't have to live in the damn shadows."

Heeseung's gaze softened, his voice laden with a rare vulnerability.

"You think I don't wonder the same? But we have responsibilities, debts that need to be paid. Our lives are not our own anymore."

Jay's frustration bubbled to the surface, his words laced with defiance.

"Damn that, Heeseung! I didn't ask for any of this. We were thrown into this twisted world, forced to do things we never wanted."

Heeseung's eyes met Jay's, their shared pain creating an unspoken bond.

"I know, Jay. I know. But remember, we still have each other. In this damn chaos, we're the only ones who understand what it's like."

Jay let out a bitter chuckle, the weight of their secret lives weighing heavily on him.

"Yeah, a fucked-up support system we've got. But I'll be damned if I let this world break us."

Heeseung's voice softened, his words a solemn vow.

"We'll find a way through this, Jay. Together. We won't let the damn darkness consume us completely. We'll fight for a better life, even if it seems impossible."

And with that shared determination, Jay and Heeseung continued their conversation, their words filled with a mix of frustration, resilience, and the unyielding desire to carve their own path amidst the chaos of their secret lives.

Little did they know, this bond would become their greatest strength as they navigated the treacherous world they had been thrust into, finding solace and support in the unlikeliest of places.