PILOT

1996

Cheering and the rhythm of her heart beat could be heard in Samaras ears as she ran across the field, Allie had chocked meaning the other team had stole the ball. Luckily Tai was there to get it back, kicking the ball making the team captain Jackie score the winning goal.

Samara was about to run to her teammates when she was tackled in a hug by non other than her best friend Natalie. "WE GOT IN TO NATIONALS" right as she let go. Mara was taken into another hug by her favorite girl in the world Lottie Mathews. She hugged the girl back lifting her and spinning them around as they cheered "BUZZ! BUZZ! BUZZ!"

_________________________

"Come on loser! it's time to go to school, wake up" ,Mara was rudely awakened by the sheets of her bed being pulled off of her by Natalie

"Ughhhh five more minutes" "Nope you said that last time come on"

Once they were finished getting ready they hopped on Maras 1989 Harley-Davidsons Sportster. Mara smiled cheekily handing Nat her helmet "Safety first!" she said in a voice she knew Natalie hated "Stop! Come on hurry I promised the boys I'll meet up with the before school" rolling her eyes Mara started the engine, dropping off Natalie with her friends before heading to school.

_________________________

Mara stood next to Natalie as she locked her locker, when Lottie came singing making everyone sing along as well "Girls what's my weakness?" "Men!" Mara sang smiling while looking at Lottie "Okay then chillen chillen minding my business..." the singing faded away as Mara walked to the mirror fixing her eye makeup.

"I'm the only freshman who got asked, you know" Allie said as van did her bee
"I know"- Van said softly "it's so unfair, my dress was going to be amazing"
"Well, hey at least you can wear it next year" van replied trying to lighten the mood "You don't get it van, cause nobody asked you" "OK you're done" spoke up Samara "Jesus Christ" lottie said as they all laughed

"Does someone want to tell Kelly kapowski to worry less about prom and more about not fucking up nationals" Lottie said while fixing her hair
"I mean if she plays like she did in states were fucked" Mara added backing up her girlfriend
"Yeah don't worry, that's not gonna happen" said tai as both her and van left

Looking around seeing no one was there Mara went behind her girlfriend putting her arms around her waist
"Not here, you know the rule, someone could see people talk you know" said Lottie

"Well you know I don't care what people say" "yeah well you know I do" as Mara was about to walk away Lottie stopped her by grabbing her wrist "I'm sorry, I'm just scared ok, let me make it up to you my parents aren't home so come over tonight please" her girlfriend said while pouting her lip. "Ugh fine just cause I like you"

__________________________

"It seems like you don't even care" said Tai "Are you kidding me, Your being insensitive" responded nat "this is what we've worked for all season, You really want to take that chance?" continued Tai "Yeah cuz I'm not a fucking asshole" suddenly came shauna interrupting the discussion "What are you guys talking about" "Allie" sighed both Lottie and Mara "what about her"
"Did you black out at states? She totally chocked" "She's a freshman Tai" defended Natalie "she's a liability" "so what do you want to do about it" "She can't screw up if she doesn't get the ball." "So what you want to freeze her out" cut in Mara. "Atleast till we know what we're working with" "she kinda suck but... I don't know" said Lottie
"That's because it's bullshit" nat said laughing "oh yeah what your plan then"
" I don't know, Play like a fucking team and win? It's worked so far" "Everything works until it doesn't and for the record you smell like a wino. Get your shit together" "Fuck off Taisa when are you gonna stop being such a bitch" said Mara "You know what fuck this" said Nat as she walked away, with Samara following her shortly after

__________________________

"Alright everyone take a knee" said coach Ben. In a blink of a eye Mara found herself already on the field seeing as Tai switched teams playing tougher with Allie.

As tai went to sweep Allie's leg the team stopped as they heard a snap seeing Allie roll on the floor clutching her leg. In shock Mara stood there watching as Allies boned popped out of her skin with blood covering around it. Mara had never been good with blood always passing out or throwing up when seeing it.

_________________________

She stood hunched over the nearest trash can in the locker rooms as Natalie held back her hair rubbing her back softly. After throwing up her whole lunch Samara wiped her mouth while standing back up telling Nat she was ok. Ignoring what Jackie was saying.

"You could see her fucking bones Jackie, I'm pretty sure it's exactly as bad as it looks"

Jumping in surprise as Natalie shut her locker. Mara immediately went after her "Nice work Taissa"

_________________________

"Play a song for me, yeah?" said Nat softly as they laid in Samaras bed as she played with her guitar. She had always had a love for music, before leaving her mom left her a guitar with a note in it telling her to follow her dreams no matter what.

"Sure" responded Mara smiling as she played the intro of  "Heaven knows I'm miserable now" by the smiths a song her mother would always play for her

________________________

Mara sat by herself she never had many people she considered friends the only 2 real friends she had were Natalie and Lottie but as of right now she couldn't find any of them, seeing as her cup and blunt were now out see decided to go get a refill.

"I admire your resilience Tai, Can't be easy knowing you fucking crippled someone today" said a drunk shauna

"Cool good talk" "just admit you did it on purpose"

Blocking out the arguing Mara decided it would be a good idea to refill her drink and light up a new blunt, her attention was brought back into the argument as she heard Tai say something to Nat

"Oh, please. Since when do you give a shit anyway? Don't you have a bong to hit a dick to suck"

"Don't fucking talk to her like that" defended Mara

As the argument began to escalate to a fight Mara was suddenly push making her drop her barely smoked blunt to the floor. "Aw man look what you guys did" she said while looking at the ground sadly

Suddenly Jackie came dragging the team with her making them finally get along.

_________________________

Samara laid breathlessly next to a naked Lottie. She had came over after the party to spend sometime with her girlfriend. As she turned over to look at the time seeing it was already 2 am she hurried to get her clothes on.

"Your leaving already" asked a now tired Lottie

"Yeah my dads gonna kick my ass if I'm not home before he is" said Mara as she hurried to collect her stuff, she quickly gave a goodbye kiss to her girlfriend before saying goodbye...