Saints

Days had passed by with an on going circle going around. Mara had been avoiding Lottie and Natalie avoiding her. Mara didn't know what to believe on one hand she had a girlfriend, if Lottie was still hers, and a best friend who she had recently discovered feelings she's had since they were kids. The kiss that had happened was like an ongoing record in her head one that never ended. The feeling of Natalie made her feel as home and comfort something she had searched for since her childhood.

Samara had tried everything to talk to her best friend again but Natalie just couldn't, she couldn't bring herself to talk to someone who she thought was just going to use her body again as something to heal rather than loving her just like she's always wanted.

____________

Everyone was now sat outside of the cabin. Mara had decided to take this chance and teach Javi some notes on the guitar.

"Ok cool, so this is A cord" she said while putting her fingers on the cords of the familiar guitar.

Javi sat there listening patiently, truth be told during this short time together he had grown to see  her as a sibling figure, Javi knew he could always be safe with her , or so he thought.

Just as she was about to hand him the guitar, Samara looked up and caught a sigh that made her stomach turn.

It was Natalie and Travis coming back from their "hunting" trip holding hands. But just as she looked up from their hands, she caught the eyes of her best friend, making her drop the Martinez boy hand including their eye contact.

Suddenly everyone started singing at the sight of the two.

"Natalie and Travis sitting in a tree k-i-s-s-i-n-g."they sang

"I think they were doing a bit more than kissing. " added lottie. Just as she heard this Samara clenched her jaw while glaring at the boy.

"Hey Nat what exactly are you and Flex hunting for out there anyway?"Mari questioned.

"I hear it's beaver season!"Van laughed.

"Ah sit and spin assholes. "Natalie said as she flipped everyone off.

"Is this why we don't have any food?
Cause you've been too busy running for mayor of pound town." Jackie exclaimed while coming down the steps of the cabin.

"Uh go fuck yourself."Natalie scoffed.

"I guess we shouldn't be surprised. Nats always down for a good time right?" Jackie added.

"I cant magically conjure a deer, Jackie but keep talking shit I'll find something to shoot. "Natalie threatened glaring at the girl.

"Oh wow you're so tough." Jackie said sarcastically crossing her arms.

"I'm not scared of you burnout." She defended.

"No!, you're jealous cause you're an uptight prudish little bitch." Defended Natalie.

"Hey knock it off" Samara said as she jumped between them facing her best friend. Natalie only scoffed glaring at her best friend, as Jackie flipped them off.

Just as everyone walked off  Samara turned around in search of her guitar just as she laid eyes on it she saw Javi drop it making a decent size chip in it.

"Hey!" Mara said as she ran to her guitar.

"What the hell Javi don't you see what you're doing! I told you to be careful where you not fucking listening! Are you dumb or something!" Mara yelled, just as she looked up she saw the fear in his eyes those eyes held something she knew all too well.