A New Lease on Life

Remember to comment and vote! XD hope you enjoy this chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning, I opened my eyes to light shining in through the window. Someone had come in and opened the curtains at some point, and it made it impossible to keep sleeping when brightness was pouring in straight in my face. I stretched, and suddenly everything came flooding back from yesterday. The kiss, Spain taking me in, and much to my horror, Spain and Romano's loud escapade while I was trying to sleep.

I also remembered that today was the day I went to live with France. Being as my belongings were still in my room at England's house, I would have to face him when I went home to get my stuff.

I put my hands over my face, hiding my tears from the sunlight. How had things become so screwed up? I used to have a happy, carefree life. But it all started at that fucking party!

If only I had never met Prussia and slept with him... If only I he never met France... Spain was the only one of the three that I didn't regret meeting.

I sighed and wiped my tears away, getting dressed and leaving the room. I wandered into the living room and found Spain eating a churro.

"Hola, señorita!" he said, offering me a bright smile.

I couldn't help but smile back. Spanish smiles are contagious. "Where's Romano?" I asked.

"Lovi's still sleeping. He's very tired after fu-- I mean...after playing a game with me last night," Spain said, blushing.

"Don't try to hide it," I replied. "You were pretty loud."

Spain blushed even deeper, until he looked like the tomatoes he so loved. "Oh, sorry 'bout that," he said, scratching his head.

I shook my head. "Next time I spend the night, could you do...it...in another room please? Or have me sleep in a different room?"

"Si, señorita," he said, smiling.

"I should probably be getting home," I said. "I don't know where I am though..."

"I can call France and have him pick you up," Spain said. "Then I'll visit Britain to get your stuff."

"That sounds good, thank you," I said. I said a silent apology to England. I just couldn't see him again when I was this confused.

Why did this all suddenly happen to me? Things like this happened in stories I read, not in real life. Now, both England and Prussia were after me, and France had started a war to win me. I wasn't sure what was going on. Perhaps I wasn't real. Maybe I was some character in a fan fiction where the author loved to torture her...

I sighed. No, this was real life. And I needed to at least brush my hair before France got here.

"Do you have a hairbrush I can use?" I asked Spain. He nodded and went into the bathroom. A moment later he returned with one in his hand.

I ran the brush through my hair and looked in the mirror. It didn't take much to make me look good, although right now, before seeing France again, I resented that. I didn't want him to think I looked good. He could go fuck himself for all I cared. It's not like he didn't already do that.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. Spain opened it, and hugged France when he saw him. "Hola, amigo!"

"Bonjour, mon ami!" France said, returning the hug. "Ça va?"

Spain smiled. "Muy bien!"

"Ah, bonjour, mon amour," France said when he saw me. He pulled my hand to his lips and placed a warm kiss.

"Whatever," I said. "Let's just go."

France nodded. "À bientôt, Spain!" he said, waving to his friend.

I followed him to a god damn limo, and he opened the door for me. "After you, ma petite," he said.

I slipped into the car, and we headed towards France's house, leaving any remnants of my old life behind.