Happy Ending

Just to let you know, the title refers to something in this chapter, so it isn't the end of the story. Far from it, actually! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The air was tense as I sat at the table between England and France. England was practically bristling, and it was only when I had promised to stick to him like glue that he agreed to come talk to France.

France actually looked nervous for once as he made tea for the three of us. "Farnir, how do you like your tea?" he asked.

"Two scoops of sugar and some milk," I answered. He followed my instructions, and then brought the tea over, sitting down and taking a sip of his tea. I noticed that he didn't have to ask England how he liked his tea.

"Okay, so, we're here to discuss how you two feel," I said. "I don't hear much discussing going on."

France looked down, his hand fidgeting on the table. England crossed his arms and looked away, face red.

"I'm not saying anything until the frog does," he snapped.

France muttered something too low for me to hear.

"What was that?" England asked.

France took a deep breath and looked up straight into England's eyes. "I said, 'Je t'aime, Angleterre," he repeated.

England looked down, trying to hide his blush. "Then why the hell didn't you try to stop the divorce?"

"Because it was our bosses' decision. And I thought you would want to be divorced. You never wanted to marry me, mon amour," he whispered.

"I didn't want to at first, but then I fell for you, you bloody frog! And then you just abandoned me, and didn't even try to fight for what we had!" England snapped. He got up and paced across the room a few times. When he turned around, there were tears glistening in his eyes.

"Mon Angleterre," France said, rising to his feet to go and walk to England, and wrapping his arms around him. England let out a quiet sob as he buried his face in France's chest. "Mon amour, will you give me another chance?"

"Do you promise not to leave me again?" England asked.

France smiled and kissed his forehead. "Of course, mon amour."

I smiled at the scene, and decided to slip out while I could, before I would be noticed, and give them some privacy.

I wandered the house, and found myself once again in the rose garden. I had come to love this place in the week I had been here, and I came here often when I didn't have anything else to do.

I was happy to see England and France working things out, but seeing them acting so loving made me a bit lonely. I pulled out my phone and called Prussia.

"Hallo?" came the familiar voice, making my heart beat a bit faster.

"Hey, Prussia, it's Farnir," I said. "Wanna go do something tonight?"

"Ja," he answered. "Did you have anything in mind?"

"How about a movie?" I asked.

"Ja, sounds gut," he answered. I could hear the smile in his voice. "I'll pick you up soon, and I'll surprise you with the movie."

"Okay," I said. "See you soon!"

I hung up with a smile plastered on my face.

I wandered to the kitchen, and found France trying to choke down a scone, while he gave England a smile, saying, "It's très bon!" he said. I had to give him credit, even I couldn't choke down Iggy's food. I just made my own.

"Hey, I'm going to a movie with Prussia," I said, smiling.

France just smiled and said, "Use protection when you go to his house!"

My face was turning as red as a tomato when England sputtered, "WHAT?!" I cringed as I remembered that I hadn't told England of the relationship between Prussia and I.

"Um... It's kind of a date... I forgot to tell you that we're going out now..." I said softly.

England scowled. "How could you forget to tell me something like that?" he snapped.

"I'm sorry, Iggy, but I'm old enough to make my own decisions now. I love you, big brother, but I'm not the little girl you raised anymore," I said softly.

England took a deep breath before finally crossing his arms and saying, "Just be careful. I don't want him hurting you..."

"Prussia won't hurt me," I said, smiling.

England sighed. "Just have fun," he said.

"Thanks," I said, giving him another smile.

"Don't get pregnant!" France added.

"You aren't helping my nerves," England snapped. France chuckled and wrapped his arms around England, nuzzling his neck from behind. England's face turned bright red when France whispered something in his ear.

I was glad to hear the doorbell at that moment, and as I went to answer the door, I heard France say, "Let's go to the bedroom and have some fun, ohonhonhon!"

I opened the door and hugged Prussia. "Thank God you're here! I'm pretty sure they're about to have sex."

"We should join them," Prussia said, winking. I smacked him and he laughed. "Alright, alright, let's go have some fun of our own."