CHAPTER 8

Kevin's POV

When I saw that man earlier I didn't realized that it was him, I can't believe it! He survived!...Well, who woudn't be shocked to know that someone who you thought died a long time ago would be alive until now.

We arrived at our house and I immediately went upstairs, I know it's still noon but I just want to get some rest, I was about to sleep when Nathan suddenly entered my room.

"What's your problem?" He leaned his back on the wall as he asked me.

"Nothing." I replied without looking at him.

"I'm not buying it, what's the use of being bestfriends if you're not even telling me a single thing about you?" He said.

I'd like to make him go away, but given his personality, he won't listen to me if I say so.

"You know me too well."I said with a sigh and he just smirked at me. Flaunting his success in making me talk.

"So, mind telling me what happened?"

"H-he's a-a-alive" I answered while stuttering.

"Who?...Wait, you mean..." he trailed off, unable to finish his sentence, and I nodded at him as an answer.

"What are you going to do now?" 

"I don't know...There's a hundred percent chance that he will look for me and threaten to hurt you guys." I said and clenched my fist.

"And you can't allow that to happen, so you'll do everything he says?...what's the use of fighting monsters when even your own problems you cannot fight...don't tell me your giving up just because you're afraid that we might end up dead?"

That is exactly the scenario that's been haunting me. I don't want them to get involved in this, especially Sachi.

Hearing no answer from me, Nathan sighed and moved towards me. I stared at him the whole time and waited for what he's going to do.

And just as when he was about to grab the collar of my shirt, the door suddenly sprang open and revealed a confused Christopher. Nathan hissed before he turned to walk out.

"Nathan? Nate! Hey!" Chris called but he didn't stop.

"What happened between you two?" He asked as he turned to me.

"D-d-dad's alive." It was the only thing I managed to say as I stuttered.

"When?"

"I saw him earlier."

"Is that why Nathan was acting like that?" he asked but I just stayed silent.