Chapter 39

3 MONTHS LATER

"Can you meet us for lunch?" Sienna called me for the fourth time today

"Yes, but it has to be a late lunch around 1:00 or 1:30." I replied. Our conversation went on for a few minutes and ended with Sapphire hanging up in my face.

When I first stepped into my office, it felt like I entered the twilight zone. It was clean and everything was perfectly in place despite the events that occurred there.

Once the news of Kian and I's altercation hit mainstream news people sold their shares in my company causing my stocks to plunge. Now Richter Financial has bounced back and then some.

I worked 12-14 hours in the beginning determined to come back strong. Now my work hours are steady.

Most days Sienna and Sapphire come for lunch which I'm thankful for. My fiancé knows how much my business means to me. She also knows that it doesn't come before her or our daughter. Any time she needs me, I'm there.

"The portfolios are ready, Mr. Richter." My new secretary is learning the ropes.

"Thank you." I took the documents from her hands.

Savanna and Amanda went back to Europe two weeks after I was released from the hospital.

"Jane, call the members of the board and see if they can meet at 11:00 instead of 12:00. I'm having lunch with my fiance." This will be our first board meeting since all the events transpired. 

"Yes sir, Mr. Richter and my name is Jessica." 

I'm terrible with names.

"Yes, it is. I need you to contact Tanika as well. I'm missing the consumer reports for their level. Thanks." She left my office.

The board meeting went as expected. It started with me firing all the members that sold their shares when I was hospitalized and ended with Carl Andrews becoming the new CFO. He's worked under me for a few years, I trust him with my company's finances.

I rushed out of the office so I could meet my girls on time. Sienna was already seated at a table. My daughter called out for me causing Sienna to turn her head.

"I thought you weren't going to make it." She handed me a menu once I sat down. 

"I would never miss a date with you two. What's going on?" I kissed both of their cheeks.

"My wedding dress is almost finished being altered so that's exciting. Also, I finally chose rose gold and emerald as our wedding colors. I didn't like the pink or blue swatches."

We ordered our food then Sienna discussed all our wedding plans including the fact that I need to get a suit. I have over one hundred suits. At least twenty haven't  been worn, but she wants me to buy one specifically for our wedding.