Got Luck on my Destiny

GOT LUCKY ON MY DESTINY

Ni: Dawn Villa Baldelovar

April twenty one, two thousand fifteen. Ten in the morning.

Until now I still can't believe. I am here again at the entrance of St. Peter Parish Church, getting myself ready to march down the aisle with my father for the second time around. The very same day that happened thirteen years ago.

Yes! Thirteen years ago, I got married on this very same church. With the very same man who is waiting for me right in front of the altar.

I never thought that he would do this. I thought that we are just here for a summer vacation. I didn't know that he talked to my nieces and nephews for his surprise on our wedding anniversary. He just told me that he wanted to take a vacation and celebrate our thirteenth wedding anniversary here in the Philippines. I was hesitant at first because the school year was not yet over. Our son still needs to go to school. But my husband is eager to take a summer vacation here. He said he wants to experience the summer in my homeland.

I had no idea that we will renew our vows after thirteen years of being married. How did he done this? Of course! With the help of my nephews and nieces. I was really surprised this morning when they asked me to get myself clean.

"What are you up to, girls?" I eyed them suspiciously. They just exchange a secretive looks then giggle.

"Just go take a shower, Tita." Mia pushed me to the bathroom's door, "We'll wait here. Just make it quick."

"But..."

"Please, Tita. Trust us." She smiled. I groan in frustration but do as I'm told.

As soon as I'm done, the girls drag me to the closet and commanded me to set down facing the mirror, then they started to put on my make ups and do my hair. Once they're finish, they told me that they have to blind fold me.

Confused and clueless on what's going on, I nodded. Once I'm blindfolded, I feel my clothes removed, then replaced with new ones, it's long and my skin tingles in it's silkiness. Just when I thought they're done in whatever they're doing, somebody lift my right foot and gently put on a shoes which takes me by surprise. Same done to my left. Oh, what are they doing?

Still blind folded they guided me out. Then I hear a soft engine roars and I smell something of gas. A car? Sally, my sister, took my hand as she gently pull me over.

"Slowly, sis." she said.

"Where are we going?" I asked. They just laughed or rather giggled at me. They must be up to something, and it's making me damn nervous. My heart is beating fast like a music without rhythm. "You girls are not playing games with me, aren't you?"

Again, they just laughed. I never thought they find me funny.

"Don't worry Tita, you'll surely love our game. We love you. Happy anniversary." says Mia as she gently pulls my hand to hers and pressed it to her lips. I can feel sincerity in her voice.