Le hunt

She heard her voice, heavenly and melodic. But she was startled as she heard the word the girl had uttered.

"...Thals?"

—————————————————————

"Ho-who-what?"

Thalia stared at the girl in shock.

She only knew one person who would call her by the name 'Thals'...her cousin and ex-crush, Percy Jackson.

Yet in front of her lay a girl struggling to sit up who had called her by that name.

Her mind was utterly confused and disoriented. She'd seen Percy dead with her own eyes. They'd burned his shroud. And though Thalia faintly noticed the silvery wisps of smoke fly into Artemis, she had seen concrete proof that Percy, her cousin, her reason to join the hunt, was dead.

Gone.

Burned.

So how in hades did the girl know that name? And how in hell did that girl know who she was?

"Um...Thalia? You good?" The girl said, before her eyes widened. "Wait-shit!" She yelped, scrambling up and backing away. "I just gave the game away didn't I?"

Thalia stared blankly at her.

"Um, Thalia, it's good to see you and all-"

"Wait!" Thalia yelled, curious at the sudden behaviour change in the girl. "You still haven't told me who you are, and what you're doing here. As the lieutenant of Lady Artemis' hunters, it's my duty to-"

"Yes, yes, I get it...but Uh, can I explain that to you another time? This is awkward."

"No."

The girl sighed, clearly not wanting to explain. "Fine, Thals. I owe you an explanation...but, don't you dare tell this to anyone or I'll dunk you in cold water every day."

Thalia gulped. The girl's threats were all too similar to Percy's. She wondered who exactly the girl was, and what was her relation with Percy. She looked familiar, yet completely alien at the same time. Her hair, her eyes, hohe the way she spoke and interacted with everything, it was just so Percy-like. Yet, it felt all wrong, all off.

"So um, you ready Thalia? This might be a big hit on you." The girl said, and Thalia mutely nodded, having not realized she was ogling the other girl.

"Well...I'm Persia Hallie. Persia Hallie...Jackson."

Thalia stared at her, dumbfounded. "Percy had a sister? That explains why you act like him so much...but why did he never tell anyone?"

"Um, well, you see...Percy dodn't have a sister." Thalia's eyes widened, seemingly realizing where the conversation was going.

"I'm Percy."

Thalia stood still, staring at the girl, before launching herself at her with lightning cackling all around her. "PERCY JACKSON YOU PRICK! HOW DARE YOU KILL YOURSELF AND COME BACK!" Thalia cried, smashing her fists into Persia and sending both of them into the campfire. Persia grunted as she flew into the campfire, while Thalia gracefully curled into a ball, rolled, stood back up and saw Persia flying into the fire.

"Oh SHIT!" Thalia exclaimed, running over to Persia. "Um, Persia, you good?" She asked, braving the heat of the flames as she tried to pull Persia out. To her shock, the ravenette simply groaned and pushed herself up before stepping out of the fire-without as much as a single speck of soot on her.

Thalia stood there, gaping like a goldfish, and Persia smirked. "Pinecone face, what's the matter? Cat got your tongue?"

"N-no," Thalia said, horribly aware of her stammering. Inside, she could feel her inner self practically screaming in relief and happiness. Here was her second chance at finding love-and this time the feelings were harder to ignore. "J-just um Per-Percy, how?"