Departure

Jake's face paled rapidly, and Persia couldn't help but notice the cruel smirk that played across Zoë's lips.

She sighed lightly as she motioned for Zoë to take the lead. Some things truly never change.

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

Artemis was sulking in her own cabin with Thalia when a soft knock sounded on the door.

"Is it Persia?" Thalia asked hopefully as she leapt up to answer the door.

Briskly walking towards the door, she flung it open and was ready to hug Per-

Zoë yelped in shock. "Milady! What-"

"Sorry Zoë!" She yelped, seeing that it was Zoë at the door, her face turning slightly pink as she realized her mistake.

"Where's Persia?" She urgently asked, before seeing Her love.

"PERSIA!"

Joy and happiness exploded within her, and she was ready to run down and hug the hades out of her for being safe-

Wait.

A male figure stood sandwiched bwteeen Zoë and Persia, head bowed, shoulders slumped.

He had messy black hair and pale blue eyes she hated all too well.

In a flash, her hunting knives were drawn as she pressed one against his privates and one under his chin. "Give me a reason why I shouldn't castrate you and cut you until you bleed to death."

He couldn't even whimper or yelp, instead stealing back with frightened, tear-filled eyes as he tried not to shake.

"Artemis!" Persia's soft yet urgent voice brought her out of her range, and she looked at her love, concerned. "Persia, I'll get rid of him-"

"NO!" Her love yelled quickly, before looking at her apologetically and muttering, "sorry arty...but no, don't do it yet. As much as I want to kill him for nearly assaulting me...he has a reason, a good reason for that...behavior. I understand why, maybe I'll forgive him, but I won't go soft. Let him state his case first, then you can decide on what to do."

Next to her, Zoë nodded in agreement. "He swore on the Styx that he would apologize too, so..."

Grudgingly, she nodded as she retracted her knives. Blood began to seep out of the point the knife dug into his chin, and he hurriedly wiped it away.

"Just because you to said to spare him, I will. You're lucky I have a nice lover and a former lieutenant that I trust."

He nodded frightfully.

"If I could have my way," she said, turning around midway up the stairs to send the most menacing glare she could into his eyes, "You'd be castrated and lying on the ground, bleeding to death and begging for a swift end, filthy male. Now move it!"

Her half-brother quickly scampered up the stairs.

"Pathetic," she muttered, before she walked inside as well.

She was so ready to castrate this male.

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

Artemis was livid after the apology. Angry at her father for using this boy, and angry at her mortal half brother for believing that his actions would get him what he wanted.

Idiotic males.

She was angry at her father for treating her like a sack of shit, spreading lies amongst greek demigods to sow distrust and fuel anger.