Revelations

Warning-contains dark and sensitive topics

Don't read if you're not comfortable with those.

Right now, as she dashed out of the cabin towards her lady, she only had two thoughts.

One, Is Persia okay? Please let her be okay!

And two...I'm so fucked now. Artemis is not gonna let her anywhere near me if she knows of my true feelings.

Thank you, dickheads, for making my job a hundred times harder.

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

Artemis was extremely worried as she sat by Persia's bedside.

Her lover had blacked out from the mental strain she had gone through.

She was beating herself up for not being there for Persia.

How could she have done this? Leaving Persia alone when she needed her the most. She nearly got raped by the likes of it, for chaos' sake!

Was this any way to treat a girl? Her girl?

She knew it wasn't. Yet, she had done it.

And she was pretty ashamed for her behavior. She knew it was selfish of her to be recruiting when she should have been with Persia. She had heard rumors that her father was spreading lies and deceit towards Persia. She should've been more caring, more alert, always on the lookout for her girlfriend.

She should've protected her.

Nearby, Thalia was sitting by Persia's bedside, concerned and wiping away stray tears that leaked. Understandable behaviour, given that her cousin was nearly raped and was badly beaten by a gang of males.

She made a mental note to give those rapist males a good castrating if they ever entered her sights again.

In her arms, Persia whimpered and stirred slightly. Immediately she tightened her embrace and whispered soothing words into her ear. "Hush, hush love, I'm here, I'm here, don't worry..."

Thalia also joined in, grasping her courin's hand tightly. "Persia, Persia, you're alright, you're good..."

In her arms, Persia weakly struggled and whimpered again, before suddenly tightening her embrace as her body started shaking.

She realized Persia was crying.

"Here, here, Persia, shhh, shh, don't cry...don't cry...."

Persia buried her head into her shoulder as she began choking and sobbing. Tears dampened her parka, but she could care less about the wetness.

Right now, her love was breaking down. And it was her job to console Persia .

"Perce, perce, we're here for you, we're here..." Thalia joined in, gently rubbing the back of Persia's hand as she attempted to comfort Persia. In response, Persia sobbed even harder.

Caressing Persia's soft, silky hair, she peppered kisses onto Persia's cheeks and forehead as she sobbed into her shoulder. She briefly locked eyes with Thalia, but she didn't know what she should do. She rarely ever comforted people, much less comforting her lover.

Luckily for her, as she tightened her embrace and began rocking back and fourth ever so slightly, Persia seemed to calm down little by little. Her sobs turned to sniffles and she began to untangle herself from her embrace.

Pressing another kiss to the top of Persia's head, she let go and held Persia by the shoulder. Tears brimmed in her eyes as she saw her love's red, puffy eyes. "Persia, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have left you alone, I should've been by your side,...I could have prevented this, I could've been less selfish..."