Marc Snuffy oneshot

To never let go...

A slight humming echoed through the apartment only to be heard by yourself. Your wooden spoon pushed the vegetables around in the frying pan. Fresh fried vegetables, along with some tagliatelle who were cooking in a pot next to you. You swiftly took out plates, dividing the vegetables portion unevenly, more for your beloved husband, he must be hungry after all that work. You also took out the noodles, sprinkling some cheese and sauce over both portions. A bit of salt resting on top of all vegetables pieces and a miso soup on the side. You brought the plate on the table, sitting in front of yours, tapping your nails excitedly against the hard wooden table. The clock ticked, seconds by seconds turned in minutes by minutes.

It had been fifteen minutes and your smile started fading, more tapping your nails in anxiety than excitement. He was usually home by now, you kept your hopes up and waited.

The minute needle on the clock had already did one and half turn, you gritted your teeth in anxiety. It was already eight pm, your eyes started to feel heavy, you layed your head next to your untouched plate. Soft music playing in the background, your mind drifting off to sleep, the second you felt yourself go, the door sound woke you up. You didn't even have the energy to get up, your body and mind too exhausted to do anything, you were wide awake but head layed in your arms and eyes closed. Quiet steps could be heard, like it was done on purpose" im awake love" you said raising your upper body, rubbing your eyes and stretching afterward. You walked toward him and opened your arms to which he welcomed himself." Hello" he said in one of the most gentle voice, you cupped his face, looking up at the man embracing your fragile body." Happy birthday. Let me reheat the mea-" he shushed you with his finger" don't bother, you're clearly exhausted, i'll make something" " bu-" " no bargains" you nodded, lower lip sticking out a bit. He smiled at you expression walking in the kitchen, you sat down and watched his back with a smile. A comfortable silence filling your shared apartment, well that was apart from the soft music in the background.

A plate was placed in front of you, a candle resting in front of it, the last and most important piece to finish this magnificent view, was your husband. Sitting calmly in front of you, face resting in his palm, other one placed over your hand. This was so intimate somehow, you both ate in a peaceful quietness, an intimate dinner, every word shared through your crossing gazes. Smile attached to the both of your lips, they closed like magnets, connecting in a swift but gentle motion. The instant felt like thousand of years, when parted only to be joined in one last peck. An intimated gesture that leaded in one of the sweetest moment.

The music of your first date, playing in the background, both of your bodies swaying around in a romantic dance. The exact same dance of the night of your wedding, both of you stuck in your own world, the other people just absent. Only thinking about one another...

The majestic ice white dress followed your steps, bodies pressed against one another, face inches part. Only eachother for eachother, a romantic slow playing in the background, other couples dancing around. But both of you in center of it all, the flowers decorating your freshly styled hair, lips joined in a kiss that ended and started something. The slow ended, your arms still didn't leave his neck while his still rested on your hips. Clapping could be heard has everyone was staring at you and Marc....

The music fell silent as you both stood in the middle of the living room, embracing eachother in a hope to never let go

To never let go....