Chapter One.

Charlotte's Pov.

I woke up as usual, got ready for school, and headed downstairs.
It was the first day of new semester.
Everyone was smiling when they saw me. Probably because they feel happy as well as sad for me.
I got into an accident a few months ago, which ended up making me forget about everything that happened during one whole year.
My family and friends are trying their best to help me, but I just feel very sorry for them.
They try to hide their sadness in front of me just so that I can feel happy.
God!! It's eating me inside.

Anyway, I smiled back at them and sat down for breakfast.
"Here you go, sweetie," mom said, giving me my favourite pancakes.
I thanked her and enjoyed it.
I'm not bragging, but my mom sure does make delicious food.
After I finished my breakfast, I hugged her goodbye and went outside.
It was a lovely day.
I enjoyed walking, but the strange thing is that I never really liked the idea of going on walks before. I was a lazy girl, but now I like painting, walking, and stargazing, but how ??.
As I was thinking about it, someone jumped on me from behind.
I looked back and saw that it was my best friend, Tina.
She has always been there for me, and I'm grateful for her. My other friend is also helping me a lot.
She is academically smart and always helps me and Tina with schoolwork, Chompu.
As we were about to enter the school, we saw Chompu.
She was surrounded by three girls.
I didn't know them.
Tina said that they came here one year ago, so I probably don't know about them.
One was getting very close to Chompu, and I lost it.
I mean, I don't want my friends to be bullied, and it looked like they were bullying her.
I ran towards them and pushed a very model looking girl. She looked way stronger than me and could easily hit me back, but I wasn't scared either.
She falled down but didn't even bother to stand up.
She just looked at me hopelessly.
I don't know why, but I felt those eyes were hurt.
I felt very wrong while I was looking at those eyes.
I felt that there were some unspoken words between us, but then suddenly,
One of her friends pulled her.
"Oye, Engfa, you alright?" She asked, pulling her up.
So, her name was Engfa.
All of them looked at me, and I thought they would also hit me back, but they turned around and left.

"Why did you do that?" Chompu asked me.
"I thought they were bullying you," I tried to answer.
"Why would they bully, especially us. They are all very nice," Tina said.
"Did I make a mistake?" I asked.
"Off course, you did," both of them said in sync.
Now I felt miserable for pushing the girl without any reason.
"Don't worry, you can apologise to her," Tina said.
I nodded and went on our ways.
We went to our first class.
It was history class, and I liked it. History amazed me. Only if I could remember my history.
The lesson ended, and we all left the class. "What's the girls name?" I asked out of nowhere. Both my friends looked at me almost sorry for me.
"Her name is Engfa," Tina said sadly.
"Why are you sad all of a sudden?" I asked her.
"Nothing," she said and changed the subject. I felt that topic of those girls made her sad, so I thought something must've happened between them and us and decided not to talk about them anymore.
Then we went to English class. I enjoyed that subject as well. The teacher was also super nice to me. After the class ended, Tina and we separated because we had different classes.
She went to geography class and me and Chompu went to Biology class.
As soon as I entered the class, I saw those eyes looking at me.
It was her again. She was looking at me and continued looking at me.
I don't know why but, I felt something in my stomach. My cheeks were turning red due to shyness and embarrassment.
Thank god, Chompu was there and she literally dragged me to our seat.
Engfa was at the front while we were at the back.
I mean, I do concentrate on classes but today, I couldn't take my eyes off her today.
She was too fine. She was tall, had the body of a model. Her hair was heathy and her eyes were just so mesmerising.
The bell suddenly rang and I realised that I spent all the class while thinking about her.
I was so lost that I don't even know what chapter we learnt today.
Thank god, Chompu agreed to tutor me after school.
We all left the class and went to Chemistry class. And to my surprise, she was there too.
Oh great, I'll miss another subject now.
I could again feel her looking at me.
She must be angry about me pushing her earlier.
Even though I tried my best to concentrate at the class, I kept feeling that she was looking at me time to time.
I just wanted the class to get over.
As soon as the bell rang, I took Chompu's hand and ran out of the class.
We went straight to the cafeteria. Tina was already waiting for us.
"What's wrong with you?" She asked me.
"I am fine," I said.
"Then why did you drag me out of the class?" Chompu asked.
I told them how I felt and they looked at eachother and smiled.
"What are you smiling at?" I asked them but they didn't say anything and we went outside, in the ground.
There is a huge tree near the school's playground and we often eat our lunch there.

We were having out lunch peacefully when suddenly everyone cheered.
I didn't knew what they were screaming and continued having my lunch when suddenly a ball came flying towards me.
*BANG* the ball hit me and tossed my tiffin box.
Both Tina and Chompu came closer to me but, I could see them laughing.
"Are you alright?" A voice asked.
"You hit me with a ball and ask me how am I feeling. Not good obviously," I scolded the person without even looking up.
"Sorry," the voice said again and I finally looked up and it was her again.
She was wearing our school's football uniform and I swear she was looking so hot.
She was still sweating and breathing heavily and looked so hot. I didn't even utter a word after I saw her.
She leaned closer without even saying anything and cupped my face.
"Let me have a look," she said making my heart do a heart flip.
She looked at my face closely and said that I was alright then went away taking the ball.
"Is someone blushing?" Tina teased.
"No," I said getting angry at them for laugh at me earlier.
The lunch time finished and I was still hungry.
I hadn't had my lunch yet.
I stormed towards my next class which was separate from both my friends.
I went towards the science class. Chompu and Tina went to maths class.
As soon as I opened the door, I saw her.
And as my fate would have it, every seat was taken and only seat empty was next to hers.
I felt my anxiety kicking in.
I hesitantly took the seat and tried to not make a sound even while breathing.
I was embarrassed at how childish I acted. I stayed silent and didn't even dare to move a muscle but my stomach growled.
Oh no!!
Her gaze instantly fell on me and my heart stopped working.
"Are you hungry?" She asked as if she didn't ruin my lunch earlier.
I nodded shyly and she took out something from her bag.
"Here," she said handing me a packet of chips and a chocolate bar.
They were my favourites.
I tried to look cool, when I was dancing inside.
I opened the packet of chips, not realising I was still inside the class.
It made a huge sound, and the teacher caught me.
"Miss Austin, stay here after the class. I would like to have a word with you," the teacher said.
I looked at Engfa, who was trying not to laugh but failed. She was the one who laughed out the loudest.
What a jerk !#%

I did not talk to her, the whole class and I was also very angry with her. After the class ended, the teacher called me and I went towards him while glaring at Engfa.
She smirked and winked at me.
What is this girl ??
Then the teacher scolded me and gave me extra homework.
I didn't wanted to go to classes anymore and decided to sneak into the library.
The librarian really adores me and always lets me bunk classes.
I went to a very quite part of the library because I didn't wanted people to find out I was there.
I pulled out the chocolate bar, she gave me and ate it angrily.
How silly, I was cursing her while eating the chocolate she gave me.

As I finished the bar and put the wrapper inside my bag, I tried looking for something to read and my eyes laid on a very old looking book.
I took it out and saw that the it was written with a pen and not printed by a Computer.
It was freshly written and made me more eager to read it.
I turned the first page and started reading...........

A/N

Hey guys!!! This is my new story and I hope you all will enjoy this.
Thanks for supporting my previous story and I hope you will support this one as well.
Have a great day!