A PHASE

Michael enjoyed his breakfast with Jenny as they conversed about everything and anything. "I missed you so much when you were unconscious. I was so scared and lonely. Now, I don't know how to resume my office duty on Monday." He narrated.
"Why would you say that?" She implored.
"It's because I have gotten so used to being by your side. I don't think I can adapt to anything less" he admitted.

Jenny couldn't help but notice his calmness, easiness and humour. She sat on the bed while he sat on a chair beside the bed. He held the breakfast tray and fed her. She found it so ridiculous but he insisted. They laughed a lot. She never knew he was so funny and he had lots of stories to keep her entertained. It was funny and strange at the same time because no one bothered knocking on the door as they laughed aloud.

However, She did not want to ask him some questions for clarity's sake but she was still bothered. What sort of relationship do they have now? Is it boss and employee? Or are they dating? The level of love and respect she received from Deji and Mrs Bose was confusing even at the hospital.

Besides the little forehead kisses, Michael has been pretty decent with her. He was a very sexual man and quite verbose about it. However, in this recent days, he kept his sexual innuendos to the barest minimum. This further confused Jenny the more.

When Stephanie woke up much later that morning and joined them, It became the perfect Saturday morning for Michael. They chatted and joked about the teenager. Michael reported Abdul's lack of respect and uncultured tactics towards his daughter. Jenny cautioned Stephanie by asking her to be vigilant about boys and more education focused.

Stephanie carried the breakfast utensils downstairs after the elders had finished their meal and she met Sarah in the kitchen.

"Good morning ma" She greeted.
"Good Morning Stephanie. How was your night?"
"My night was fine"
Stephanie carried the utensils and place them in the kitchen sink and began washing them.

"Oh, you must not bother. I can handle them" Sarah said as soon as she began. "Thank you but I must insist. I can do the dishes" Stephanie replied.
Jenny had told her to wash them regardless of Bisola the cleaner or Sarah the cook asking her not to. She intended to obey Jenny and no one else.

At that time, Bisola entered the kitchen. "Good morning oh" She greeted as they both were not facing her.
"Aunty Bisola good morning ma" Stephanie greeted cheerfully. Sarah did not acknowledge her greeting as she had always found the cleaner to be a bit intrusive since she commenced working for the Oladokuns.

"How your mummy's body? I never go upstairs go greet am" Bisola admitted.
"She is much better, she will be happy to see you. She just finished having breakfast upstairs with my daddy."

"Okay. I go check up on her when I clean reach there". Bisola said as she waited a few seconds. Sarah found her waiting irritating and she focused on the ingredients she was slicing. Stephanie finished washing, cleaned her hands, took a plate and served herself breakfast from the breakfast tray.

"Aunty Bisola, should I serve yours too?" She asked the cleaner who looked quite hungry.

"I am sorry but I didn't make breakfast for the cleaner. The remaining breakfast is for Mr Deji who has not come downstairs" Sarah protested as she walked to the dining table and Stephanie was startled. She Intended to stop the teenager from serving more food.

"Stephanie no worry, I done chop before I resume work" Bisola comforted the teenager who looked angry. She did not want to tell her that since Sarah resumed, she had not tasted any meal in the house.

"Why would you not make breakfast for her? She's part of the family!" Stephanie contended.
"Listen to me child, I wasn't informed that I had to make breakfast for the domestic staff as well. I don't cook for cleaners" Sarah said aloud as she rolled her eyes at Stephanie.