JOY

Michael got up from the office and drove straight to Regina's agency. He was determined to unveil the conspiracy brewing right in front of him. It was obvious something manipulative was cooking in the atmosphere and it was crucial he investigated it. It was a twenty-minute drive and he used the time to reflect on what to say to her.

Why would Regina reassign Jenny to another home? For heaven's sake, she was already bigger than being just an ordinary cook. Jenny was currently studying in a prestigious university and he would see to her graduation and advancement. She was also about to become his wife!

He instructed his driver who wanted to come along, to wait behind in the office as he wanted to go alone. The raging puzzle in his mind was who was Jenny working for and why was Deji accommodating her? It was as if his family was betraying him.

As he arrived at the office premises, he decided to test her. He called Regina on the phone while seated in his car. He kept his gaze on the door of her office to uncover any changes.
"Hello, Regina good morning." He sounded relaxed.
"Good morning Mr. Michael. How's the family?"
"The family is fine, thank you. Where can I see you in the next hour?"
"I am at work, sir! I hope all is well?"
"Please open your office door" and he began to hear her stutter. She mumbled about not being available. He knew she would not want to meet with him. He came down from his car and approached the building.
Opening the door, he walked in, moving past her secretary who attempted to stall him. He understood women and their conniving tactics.

He entered her office and found her unnerved.
"Good...good morning sir. Is everything okay? You said one hour sir...You don't look well sir"
Michael looked around and saw no one. The way she stuttered was very suspicious. The toilet door was shut and he didn't want to pry. However, he was certain she was hiding something.

"Regina, where is my wife? who is she working for?" He yelled.
"Sir please calm down. You don't look well sir"
"How would I look well? I have not been sleeping and you take her out of my house at this time when I need her the most?"
"I didn't sir. Besides you have a staff of ours with you already". He hissed.
"You mean the prostitute that can't even cook?"
"Oh!" she responded. Then he heard the laughter. Regina's eyes shone brighter and she laughed also to cover up the strange but familiar laughter.

"Who is in your toilet?" Michael asked.
"Nobody sir"
"That's a lie and that sounds like Jenny's laughter. Jenny come out. I am not going anywhere."

After a minute, Jenny walked out of the toilet elegantly dressed and he could feel his entire body vibrating.

How did he not see that she was so gorgeous from the first day she stepped foot into his house? She wore a black skirt and a sky-blue coloured shirt. Her hair as usual was neatly pinned behind and her smell was alluring. She had a smile on her face but it degenerated into a huge ball of laughter when she saw him.

"You can laugh all you want but I will arrest the owner of the house you are working for" He threatened.
"Relax Michael. I work here, teaching the staff how to be professionals in catering and housekeeping services." She replied.

"You look so beautiful. I miss you". He admitted.
Regina coughed at his admission and he scowled at her. She could see his fury and quickly excused herself from the office. They needed some time alone. 

Jenny stood at the same spot with her back pressed against the toilet door. She still had the smile on but was rigid in body language.
"I am so sorry Jenny. I am so sorry. I was stupid. No, I was scared... No, I was foolish to think it of you or even say such a thing about you. I miss you so much that everything seems tasteless." She rolled her eyes at his confession.
"What did you do to me? I am almost forty years of age but the thought of you makes me feel like I am a boy in my teens"

Jenny couldn't hold back as she threw herself into his arms. They hugged so tightly. It felt like they have been separated for years. Michael's heart pumped faster in rhythm and he felt so giddy with joy.

As they slowly disengaged from each other, their lips met and the passion was unstoppable. Michael caressed every part of her body that his hands could reach while their lips danced in a consistent fervour. The softness of her bottom lips brought sensations to places he never imagined.

Jenny broke away first when she felt his probing erection and looked away from his face.
"I am sorry. I missed you. I could help it." He apologized as their breathing began to normalize. His erection threatened to tear his trousers to shred but he silenced it by thinking of Sarah's tasteless cooking.
"How are you?" She asked after a while. She saw the bags underneath his eyes.
"I am miserable. My life is without colour".
He admitted moving closer until he rested his head on her cleavage. She held him closer like a baby caressing his back.

"Why did you call Sarah a prostitute? Did you finally sleep with her?" Jenny asked.
"I didn't sleep with her and I have never wanted to. It's just that..." He found it difficult to say because he did not want her to be angry with him.
"Anyways you can keep quiet about what she did but I will find out later". Jenny assured him.
"Besides, I have a meeting to attend soon" She added.
"Where are you going?" He asked still feeling apprehensive.
"Stephanie's school meeting is in a few minutes and I promise to be there. I also want to deliver the pastries I prepared for the staff at the meeting " Jenny said.

Michael glanced at her for a while and knew in his heart that he made the right choice by loving Jenny. It was not by chance!