TOGETHER

The teachers and administrative staff at Stephanie's school were overwhelmed by the number of pastries Jenny delivered for free. She had a conversation with Stephanie's class teacher about the number to bring and decided to double it.

Stephanie jumped on her the moment they met in the school. Michael immediately felt remorse for how lonely his daughter must have been without the physical presence of Jenny. She chatted with Jenny about everything and anything. They even whispered and giggled. He wondered what all the secrecy was about.

However, he was relaxed after the discussion he had with Jenny on their way to Stephanie's school. They talked in his car and he was happy about it.

"Where have you been staying for the past three days?" He asked while driving.
"With Deji and Your Mummy"
"So you guys got an apartment without informing me huh?"
"Would you rather I sleep on the street?"
"Of course not. But why would they join you in moving out of your husband's house? That's a bad thing, you know"

"Oh please Michael, we are not married yet and as a matter of fact, I will not move back home until after the wedding"
"It is that bad huh? first, you move out and now you won't return? is that it?"
"Yes, it is. You take for granted the little things done to please you and you are quick to diss me like a piece of paper.  I won't be put through that hurt again."

"But I said I am sorry Jenny. Everything happened so fast"
"It is not my business. I cannot have heartache because of you"
"What if I never figured you were innocent, what would have happened to the love that we shared? what would have happened to my daughter who loves you?"
"I don't know. I honestly don't know"
"But Jenny I love you so much. I do. I am sorry for such baseless criticism. Living without you is not easy"

She was silent on that admission in the car and Michael observed her for a brief moment before focusing on the road as he drove to his daughter's school.

The meeting went well and everyone congratulated them on their forthcoming marriage. Stephanie had told all her classmates apart the upcoming nuptials. After the meeting, he took Jenny back to Regina's office at her insistence.

He called Deji afterwards and the both of them went to the club. He had called his mother but she refused to take his call. Meeting with Deji was his last option. He was glad his cousin obliged him.

As they ordered the drinks, they conversed about everything. Michael was happy knowing they were still planning his wedding on his behalf. But he hated the secrecy nonetheless. He asked for Deji's advice on how to get Sarah off his back and the response was surprising.

He returned home late to find his mother back as she was eating with Stephanie at the dining table. He missed her so much as she had been staying with him for years. She would only take a brief vacation just to make sure Stephanie was alright.

"Mummy good evening ma. I am so sorry Mummy" He said as he moved towards her. She lifted her eyes and there were tears in them. He knelt beside her and she instantly reached out to him.
"Its alright son"
"Mummy I never meant to hurt you"
"I know Michael. I know son"

Michael heard sniffles and turned his head to see his daughter crying. He got up and hugged her. This was the first time he was being emotional with his family. He had come to realize that he projected his pain and grief to them which stopped him from bonding.

Stephanie quickly went to the kitchen and brought out a plate to dish out his dinner for him. When he inquired about Sarah, his mother said she asked her to go home early.

Mrs Bose's return to the house was unexpected for Sarah. She was shocked. Stephanie was excited to be with her grandmother once again but Sarah was unnerved. She needed the privacy to be with Mr Michael now that he has seen her naked. But it was obvious that would not happen with his mother around.

That weekend, the entire family left the house on a Friday morning. Sarah was instructed on Thursday night not to come to work. She asked Yusuf if there was any occasion but he declined, adding that the family may be going to a school event. By morning when she woke up, they were all gone from the compound. Yusuf had left her bedside in the middle of the night. In the evening time when they had not returned, she became extremely bothered. It was an unusual thing.

Sarah went to bed feeling very scared. On Saturday morning, Bisola did not come to work so the mansion was locked. None of the family was around. Sarah wanted to call Regina to report the incident but she was scared. Seeing she had butchered the relationship with her the last time they spoke.

On Saturday evening, a convoy of cars entered the Oladokun's mansion. It was a sight to behold as there were different exotic cars. Sarah saw Mrs Bose, Stephanie, Deji and Nina but no sign of Mr Michael. Bisola the maid was gorgeously dressed and she beckoned on her to assist in bringing coolers from the Hilux. Sarah wondered what the occasion was.