Chapter 11 - Taekook

Jimin and Yoongi went out the door to the car so they could go to work, soon after Hobi also went to his own car and headed off as well which now left Tae and Jungkook home alone together.

Tae did not know what to do, and so he sat in the lounge with a snack he had made when Jimin and Yoongi had left. In the house was only Tae and Jungkook. Today was the first time ever that Tae was ever alone in the house with Jungkook. He still did not trust Jungkook like he had with the rest of them. He did not know if Jungkook was going to use him exactly like the 'grave yard' place had. He didn't want to be beaten up again because he hated being hurt.

They pretty much stayed in their own areas of the house. Jungkook stayed in the spare room to give Tae some space. Tae knew that Jungkook was giving him space and keeping to himself.
Tae knew that Jungkook had been trying to get Tae' trust and being able to be the safe place Tae had never had before but he knew it would take a lot of time and patience for Tae to trust him, so he had to have patience and let Tae do his own thing for now.

Jungkook POV

I know it's going to be hard to get Tae to trust me, and I get it. The place he came from wasn't a good place, and he had a traumatic experience when he was there. I just want to be able to know his story. I just don't know what to do to help him. And I want to be useful to him. I know he never spoke when he was there, and he hasn't spoken to me at all unless someone was around. But then, too, he never spoke at all unless I wasn't in the room.

When I first saw Tae at the auction, I instantly knew that he was going to be coming home. I knew he had to be with me. I knew it was going to be a hassle to get him to trust me and for him to see me as his safe place as he had with everyone else. He was good with Jimin because they were both at that stupid place. Hobi was Tae' sunshine and one of the first guys he trusted. He did trust the rest, but I still don't know why he doesn't trust me.

Author

Tae loved all the boys and trusted them one at a time. First was Hobi and then Yoongi. He instantly loved Jin, and it didn't take too long till he trusted him. Namjoon was kind and caring and let Tae come to him on his own. And then Tae trusted everyone in the house but not Jungkook.

Tae' POV

I want to talk to him but I'm scared that he's like the people from the 'grave yard'. I don't want to go through that again, and it's been 6 months since I've been here, and I'm still scared to even start trusting Jungkook. I know he's waiting, I know he wants to talk with me and have a connection with me like I have with the other guys. I'm doing this to see if maybe I can trust him. But he reminds me of a guy from that place. The guy that beat me up every night. The guy that starved me because I wouldn't talk. And I don't know if I can trust him just yet, but I want to.
I know he isn't the same the person as that man, but I have to let my mind and my heart know first before I can trust him.

Author

It had now become 1 in the afternoon and Jungkook had gone to the kitchen to make a feed and a hot drink and he just sat at the table eating and drinking well watching Tae and making sure that he was okay.

Then Jungkook spoke, "Hey, have you eaten?" Tae jumped a little because he didn't even realize Jungkook was there. "Oh, I'm sorry. Didn't mean to scare you. Are you hungry. I made quite a lot. If you want some." Jungkook said, making sure Tae was alright with the tone of his voice. And it looked like his voice volume was okay.

Tae did end up eating, and for the first time, Jungkook saw that beautiful boxy smile. And this time, that smile was aimed at him.
They sat across from each other and ate their food in silence.

"T....thank you K...Kookie". Was all Jungkook heard, and he looked up as his eyes became watery. Tae finally spoke to Jungkook without anyone else around. He finally smiled at Jungkook, but what caught Jungkook off guard was the nickname Tae had called him. He had already gotten a nickname from Tae, and because of it, his tears started falling down his cheeks with a smile plastered on his face. Tae didn't see any of it because after he had spoken to Jungkook, he got up and went back to his movie.