Chapter 16: Secret's Out

These past two days since the club were... Weird.

And awkward.

Oh so very awkward.

Harry hasn't hung around anyone since. Liam told me he refused to come out of his bunk, and when they've gone in his bunk to try to get him to talk to them, he just ignores them. And now that we're at our hotel, he won't talk to me much when we're in our room.

So I figured, okay. The 5SOS boys won't talk to me either, except Michael. Luke's more hurt and confused than anything. Ashton's upset that I left Luke on his birthday, and so's Cal, but Cal doesn't really understand what's going on. Michael was sitting with Harry when he left, and he sees both sides, so he understands why I ran. But if I could go back...

I wouldn't have run away.

I would've stayed with the guys and had an awesome time, instead of what I did when I got back to the hotel and saw the bus waiting, ready to leave as soon as everybody was back.

Harry was on his bus already, so I got on mine and changed out of the dress and into my pajamas, which was an oversized t-shirt and a pair of shorts. I got all my makeup off and laid in my bunk where I cried for awhile.

About Harry.

About Luke.

I left Luke alone on his birthday because Harry was just being his overprotective self again. I'm the worst best friend ever.

After I'd gotten everything out, I grabbed Luke's acoustic guitar off the couch in the back and played and sang for awhile. Songs that matched how I was feeling, and then everything really was gone after that. I was already in my bunk laying down by the time they got back, and they haven't said a word to me since. The drive to Minnesota was mostly me sitting and reading while they hung out watching movies.

"Hey Julie?" Louis asked. "Are you alright?"

Since Harry had the room, I'd taken refuge in Louis and Niall's room. They, unlike Harry, were still acting like brothers to me.

"No," I said softly. "You know that. I messed up. I ruined everything."

Louis was about to respond when there was a knock on the door, and Cal's face appeared in the doorway.

"Hey guys, we're gonna play a game of truth or dare if you're interested." He said, his eyes finally landing on me. "She uh, she can come too, if she wants."

"Come on Jules," Niall said. "Let's play. It'll be fun,"

"Alright," I agreed.

"We're gonna get Harry to play," Louis said. "So we'll meet you in their room."

I nodded, following Calum awkwardly into the room across the hall, which belonged to him and Luke while we were here. Luke, Ashton, Michael, Zayn, and Liam were already in the circle waiting for us.

"Look who's here, guys," Louis said when they came a few minutes later, Harry following behind them.

"Hi Harry," Luke said softly, and Harry gave him a nod, sitting in between me and Zayn.

"Alright," Calum said to fill the awkward silence. "I'll go first. Michael, truth or dare?"

"Dare, obviously." Michael said. "Who do you think I am?"

"I dare you to..." Calum trailed off. "Tweet that you need somebody to take care of your boner."

"Easy," Michael said, pulling out his phone and starting to type, "I just tweeted about that last week." He said, turning the phone to show us the tweet after he'd sent it.

Michael5SOS: need somebody to take care of my boner. RT if you're interested ;)

"Louis," Michael said then. "Truth or dare?"

"I'm a daredevil," Louis said. "Daredevil Tommo,"

"I dare you to go streaking down the hallway," Michael told him.

"Full on or in boxers?" Louis asked.

"Full on," Michael said. "But you get to hold your junk,"

"Alright then," Louis said, standing up and stripping down. "Get a picture of my ass for the paps, yeah?"

"I'll get it," Harry said with a smirk, holding up his phone as Zayn held the hotel door open for Louis.

"Here I go!" Louis yelled, running down the hall before turning the corner and disappearing from sight. A few minutes later I could hear a scream from somewhere down the hall and Louis appeared back around the corner, sprinting.

"What happened?" Ashton asked him.

"I uh..." Louis said, laughing after he had his clothes back on. "There was a maid out there. Okay, let's see. Who's next?"

Harry seemed to be enjoying himself, which was good. Luke still wouldn't meet my eyes, but I knew I deserved that. I needed to apologize. To all of them.

"Julie," Louis said. "Truth or dare?"

"Truth," I said.

"You're no fun," he said, "but we love you anyways. Let's see here... Why do you and Harry go off alone at every venue before the show? And Luke would come with you?"

"Louis," Harry said, but I silenced Harry.

"No," I said. "It's okay. I'll tell them. Well..."

Here goes. The secret that I sing was out. But that shouldn't matter. They were my best friends, and I loved singing. My stage fright shouldn't have to keep that away from them.

"I sing," I said. "And I play guitar. But I have the worst stage fright. Because of how shy I am. But Harry takes me onto the stage and I get to play. Luke would come because he overheard me once and so he knew."

"Why didn't you tell us?" Zayn asked. "Julie, we've known you for years."

"I told you, I have stage fright." I said. "I was scared you guys would've wanted me to sing if you found out. Okay," I said, changing the subject. "Niall, truth or dare?"

Niall's dare was that he had to drink out of a paper cup that was filled with toilet water. The dares went on for a little while until...

"Luke," Liam said. "Truth or dare?"

"Truth," Luke said.

"Who do you like?" Liam asked.

"Honestly?" Luke said. "Julie,"

"I'm sorry," Harry said, standing up and leaving the room, but this time when he left, I was quick on his heels.

"Harry." I said, following him.

"Julie, I can't stop it." Harry said.

"Stop what?" I asked.

"You from liking Luke. Luke from liking you. And I'm realizing what an asshole I've been to both of you." He said. "I can't stop it, and you two both want it."

"So what are you saying?" I asked him.

"I'm saying..." He said. "Go for it."