The Search for Kaneki Part 1

"Who's this Kaneki-kun?"

"He's a one eyed ghoul, like me," she started. "He disappeared about a year ago, leaving no trace. We fought hard and long as they tried to kill Yoshimura, thinking they had won, I came in and took him back to the lab to be regenerated. Kaneki was fighting in that battle, but disappeared after that."

"Did he have a kakuja like me?"

"Yeah, but you have a kakuja? Please show me!!"

"I can't control it though, and I was gonna ask you to help teach me."

"Is it complete?"

"Yeah, just I can't control myself fully. And I also don't know how to make it come out on command."

"Great! Let's get to work! But after we're done, you have to help me find Kaneki."

"OK!"

She trained me in all ways possible, starting with my kagune. She told me to think of the object I want to hit with the ukaku crystals, and to do so with eyes closed. I started hitting the target more often this way. She didn't have as many tips with my rinkaku and bikaku, but when it came to the kakuja, she said the same thing from the ukaku crystals works with my kakuja. I learned to pull it out on command. I was able to make shields with my crystals and also used ukaku kagune to form wings and fly. I could also control some crystals to pile up on certain areas, so if I wanted to hit harder with my bikaku, I could add one weight to it with crystals. After a while of training, she said,

"We can finish later. I've taught you enough. Now, let's go find Kaneki-kun!!"

"First we need to get basic information. Itori can help us with that."

*knocks on door*

"It's Eto! Let us in Itori!"

Itori is an attractive woman with long red hair, parted down the center and worn loose. She has an hourglass figure, and is wearing clothing that shows this off with generous cleavage and tight skirts. She wears a black corset dress with sheer neck and arms and a ruffled skirt and shoes.

"You didn't bring U-chan OR Ren-chan??"

"I didn't, sorry... I need info about Kaneki-kun."

"Kanekichi?!? I miss him... I'll help you! I want him back as well. And what do you want to know about him?"

"Well, everything you know about after the Anteiku raid."

"Nothing. No sightings, nothing. He disappeared. But Nishiki did mention him once. He said he saw him as this person named Haise Sasaki. They fought each other, and Haise noticed it was Kaneki when Kaneki spoke to him. The voice gave it away."

"Haise Sasaki, thanks! I'll get going!"

"Give me a call if you find him!"

With that, we set off to the CCG. Eto explained how Haise is a CCG First Class Investigator. I asked if we could get through the censors at the HQ, and she said she's gotten through before. As we get there, Eto asks for a Shinohara. He's in the hospital, so she asks for a Juuzou. I know these people! Hopefully they don't recognize me. Eto tells me to go to the washroom while Juuzou arrives. She gives me a wig and ties it into a bun. She puts an eye patch on my right eye. She says I won't be noticeable. We back out, with Juuzou standing there. He's putting more stitches into himself, when he notices us. Eto asks to sit down, and we walk over to a seat near the window. Juuzou dyed his hair black from the last time we met.

"Where can I find Haise Sasaki?"

"Come with me."

He gestures to follow. I go behind Eto, just in case. He let's us into an elevator, presses some buttons, and stops.

"Why do you want him? His better be important."

"Personal reasons, Rei."

We exit the elevator, and enter a room labelled "Q Squad Training Room". As we enter, a man with black hair and white growing from the top is teaching other people how to flip someone else.

"Who's this Juuzou?"

"Eto, she wants you."

"Finish with them. I'll talk."

He greets us, saying his name is Haise Sasaki. He and Eto walk away a bit, and start talking. He gestures for me to go watch the people training. As I walk, Haise has a scared look on his face. I forget it, and walk down the hall, back into the room. I can't get close to opening the door before I hear Eto yell;

"YUKISHI WE'RE LEAVING!!"

"OK!! God..."

As we walk out, Haise follows. Eto explains how he doesn't remember being Kaneki, but he knows who Kaneki is. Eto tells me she has a plan where we can grant back access to his memories, which were blocked by amnesia.

"But still one problem. How'd he get amnesia?"

"I dunno..."

I whisper to Eto,

"What will we do when he gets his memories back? Will he stay Haise or can we make him Kaneki-kun?"

"Depends on his reaction. And also what happens first."

As we talk about what could happen, Eto freezes. I see blood drop onto the floor, and a quinque through her stomach.

"I KNEW IT! IT'S THE ONE EYED OWL, ETO! Q SQUAD, RUN!! I'LL TAKE CARE OF FINISHING THE SSS RANK AND I'LL KILL THE SS!!" Haise yelled in anger and succession.

After he finished with Eto, she fell to the ground. Dead or alive, I don't know. All I know, is I lost control.