Chapter 5 (pt 1)

....

Ena could hear muffled sounds from a vent. She crept closer towards the vent, trying to peak in.

Suddenly the vent had bursted open, a orange blur appeared in Ena's eyes.

There he was. Sitting on the floor. Eyes spinning out of confusion.

Even so, it was Akito. He was okay.

Ena trembled, her knees felt weak. The tears kept falling no matter how much she tried to stop, she didnt know what to do.

She just laughed. It was funny to her. Akito looked so out of it and confused, but all she could do we laugh. He was okay. Her brother was alive. Her brother was..

Her brother..

...

???: "Ena?"

Ena: "A-Ah!"

Ena jolted up suddenly. Her head hit the wall.

Ena: "Agh.."

Ena: ("Where am I?")

She looked around and snapped back into reality. She was on the 3rd floor, layed up against a wall near the study room. She looked up at Emu.

Emu: "Uhm..You okay?"

Ena: "Yeah....uh...what happened?"

Emu: "I was gonna ask you that actually.. You never came to the dining room..I thought something happened to you so I panicked.."

Ena sat there in a daze. She couldnt remember what happened, or why she was even there. She glanced at a door. It was the data centre door.

Ena: "Oh..I remember now..I took a walk last night to clear my mind..the data centre was open so I went in and...thats all I remember."

Emu: "So..youve been here the whole night?"

Ena: "I..guess I have."

Ena kept revisiting the memory, but everytime it got cut short. She couldnt remember what led her to be laying there on the 3rd floor.

Ena: "So..everyone else is in the dining hall?"

Emu: "Yea..we should go now so they know nothing happened.."

Ena: "Okay.."

They each left to the dining hall.

Airi: "There here."

Minori: "Ena! We were so worried something happened to you.."

Ena looked awkwardly at Minori, then turned to where Mizuki usually sits. They werent there.

Ena: ("Is she still in the infirmary? I hope shes okay..")

Rui: "Where were you?"

Ena then explained to everyone what she remembered.

Shiho: "You dont remember anything after that?"

Ena: "No.."

Saki: "How mysterious.."

Rui: "If I had to guess, It sounds like someone knocked you out."

Ena paused.

Emu: "By who..?"

Rui: "Someone who doesnt want those files read I would assume."

Ichika: "Like..the mastermind?"

Tsukasa: "Their walking around the halls now?!"

Ena: "I'd guess that they go at night, when they assume everyone is asleep.."

An: "Seems you got caught in it by chance then."