Funeral Fiasco

"We're heading out soon, Momo. Look after Ki-Ya."

"Leave it to me, Lady Mangetsu!"

"Tou, fetch my darker kimono, this one's too bright."

"Right away Lady Mangetsu! Here you go!"

One of our regular customers, Madame Pomegranate, Just passed away. Someone murdered her with an antique from our store. I change into mourning attire to attend her funeral.

"Are you ready to go, Kitty?"

*Yuta must be exhausted from investigating Mr. Tetsuhito's case. I should let him rest today.* I think to myself.

"You should rest, Yuta. Tou's coming with me, I'll be fine."

"I'd better come with you. I have a bad feeling about this." Yuta says, folding his arms.

"What do you mean? We were making statements at the investigative bureau when Madame Pomegranate was murdered. They can't accuse me of murder."

"It's hard to explain, but I just don't feel quite right... I'm coming with you."

Yuta isn't usually so persistent. Could he be right? Are we in some kind of danger?

"All right. Let's go together."

Madame Pomegranate was a human aristocrat whose family was highly influential in politics. Many officials and merchants came to offer their condolences today.

"There's are so many humans here, Lady Mangetsu!" Tou says, trying to keep his voice down.

"I didn't expect such a crowd..." I mutter. "Madame Pomegranate must have been more influential than I thought."

I turn to look at Yuta. He looks incredibly impatient, giving the death stare to anyone who dares to look at him.

"Let's hurry and offer our condolences, Kitty. We'll go home once we retrieve your antique." Yuta says, pulling me towards the crowd. He seems tense, and he's starting to make me nervous.

"What's the matter? Was it another bad premonition?"

"I don't like what I just saw. We'll leave once you're done with your task."

"Oh? What exactly did you-"

Before I can finish my sentence, a familiar voice rings out across the room.

"Do I really have to be here, Fuji-Chan?"

*that voice...it's Tenho! Why is he here?*

I turn toward Yuta.

"Yuta, that bad thing you mentioned earlier... was it Tenho?"

I sigh helplessly. I've tried every possible way to keep them away from each other, but somehow they still end up under the same roof.

"I know you dislike social events, Tenho. But you're the successor of the onmyoji clan. You have to maintain good relationships with other clans and families."

*That Lady beside Tenho... isn't she Fujihime, the young woman who saved me?*

"They're just using us onmyoji to solidify their hold on power. Why should I please them?"

Tenho pauses, looking at the crowd around him.

"Fine, Fuji-chan. I'll pay my respects, but I'm leaving once I'm done."

"Thank you, Tenho. I'll be right by your side."

They've know each other since childhood. I guess it makes sense that they're on good terms with each other. Still, I can't imagine how Fujihime tolerates Tenho's bad temper...