I know where I stand

"My druggy, love me when I'm ugly , hug me when I'm bummy scummy I'm yo hubby lets get loosstt lets get loooossstt."

I sung along with Chance as I drove to work. I got a new job as a hostess/waitress at an Italian resteraunt. Today I'd be working from 4-10pm. I really didn't feel like dealing with people but I had nothing else to do.

"Good afternoon, hurry up and go clock in ,we're quite busy today." My manager demanded.

I didn't feel like checking him on being bossy so I simply went to clock in, the faster I began the quicker it would end.

While making my way to the hostess stand, my annoying coworker Arianna stopped to roll her eyes at me and kept walking.

I don't even know her, nor have I ever said anything to her but she has something against me for some unknown reason.

Oh well, doesn't make me lose any sleep at night. I thought as I took my position behind the podium. I waited for the next table to be cleared so I could beep the next person in lines
beeper.

"Right this way." I greeted the customers.

They followed me to the booth they had requested to be seated in.

"My name is Kaesli, I will be serving y'all tonight. Can I start you guys off with something to drink?"

"Water would be fine for now." The grey haired woman replied.

I headed to the kitchen to grab their waters, bread and butter, brought it back to them then checked on my other tables.

The rest of my time at the job went by super slow until a really stressed out looking boy came in.

"How many will I be seating?"

"Um.. it's just me." He said while rubbing his freshly cut hair.

I instantly felt bad because he was too cute to be here all alone but maybe he had a good reason why.

"Would you like a table or booth?"

"A booth would be fine."

"Alright 5 minutes is the wait."

After five minutes, I guided him to his seat. He already knew what he wanted which was great. It sped up the process for me. In fact I needed more customers like this.

"Here you are enjoy be careful though, it's hot." I said while placing his food down.

He tried to pick it up anyway and ended up burning his finger, quickly pulling it back to suck on it.

I chuckled slightly in attempt to brighten up his mood.

But he didn't.

"Would you mind getting me another fork, this one has food still in it." He said while pointing to the spot with an attitude.

"Ew I'm sorry about that I'll be right back with another one." I quickly went to the back to obtain another fork. Yeah he was rude but that was quite disgusting.

I made my way back to his table.

"This may not be any of my business but may I ask why you are here alone."

"You're right it isn't any of your business." He said obviously annoyed at my question.

"I'm sorry I asked." I said getting ready to walk away.

"No wait I'm sorry, I just came here to get out of the house. I have a lot going on at home." He explained

"What ever is going on, you'll get through it. I always do." I spoke words of encouragement.