𝐈 - 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥

It was 7.00 AM, I woke up to the ear-splitting sound of my alarm. I slid out of my bed and got dressed into the first thing I could find, which was a white baby tee and blue low-rise jeans, I accessorised with my pair of basic white sneakers and my gold circle locket necklace (that I wear with literally any and every outfit). Was this outfit going to get me dress-coded? Oh absolutely! But that's the school's issue, not mine. (They just don't understand what a good outfit looks like) Maybe instead they should worry about why boys are so keen on looking at girls' stomachs (Ew!)

Despite that, I slipped my pink bag onto my shoulder and gave myself one last look in the mirror before getting an apple from the kitchen and heading out to school. I walked down the street and waited at the bus stop for the city bus to take me to school. When it came I hopped on, paid the driver and took a seat at the back of the bus. It didn't take long before I was at the disgustingly-dingy place that was 'Jorvik City High School'. Fortunately, I'm 16, meaning I only have a few more months here until I could leave, but then my parents wanted me to go to college so, life still basically sucked in terms of education.
I got off the bus and walked up to the glass double doors and swung them open, I walked into the school and went up the stone staircase. I was expecting to see my friend, Alex Cloudmill waiting for me. And she was, but she was talking to a spiky-haired grunge-looking redhead (it was painful how brightly coloured her hair was, could it be dyed?) Before I could greet Alex, she ran off with that new girl behind her, maybe she didn't see me?

I couldn't be bothered to chase after Alex, whatever she was doing I'm sure she'd be back quickly (she doesn't have a big enough attention span to do something that isn't a five-minute job) I checked my phone, it was 8.30 and class started in 30 minutes. I kind of just stood there awkwardly for a couple of minutes waiting until someone behind me called my name,
"Hey, Emmy!" I turned around to see Linda. "Oh, Hi Linda," I replied casually "Have you met the new girl yet?" Linda asked, trying to make a discussion. "I thought she was new, and no, I haven't," I told her. "What's her name?" I asked "I'm pretty sure it's Lisa, she and Alex have been getting on well. They were just talking, actually," Linda claimed "Oh. Really? Where have they gone? Do you know?" I asked her "I'm not entirely sure, Lisa asked me if she could borrow a few textbooks earlier. I said they were in my locker but I'm having some issues opening it. I said she should ask Alex for help since she knows a lot about metal and that kind of stuff. I guess they might have gone to open it. They shouldn't be long." Linda explained. "Oh Okay, thanks Linda," I said cheerily. "Happy to help!" She said and walked away.

I only had to wait a few minutes before Alex returned, this time without Lisa the new girl. "Hey, sorry I was helping this new girl with something" My best friend explained "Yeah, it's no worries. Are you two friends?" I asked, remembering Linda saying they seemed to get along. "Pfft, what makes you say that? We just met. Plus, she seems like another one of Anne's little puppies" Alex said "Really? She doesn't look the part, what makes you think that?" I asked "I saw the two talk earlier, seemed like she even ran an errand for her. She seems cool though. So I'm not 100% sure." Alex told, "Where's all this observantness when we're in class?" I questioned jokingly. "I have better things to use my talents on than class and schoolwork," she says as we start to walk to class. "Oh, I'm sure you do," I say, smiling.