𝐕 - 𝐒𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲..

A day passed and it was after school and the final bell for the day had just rang.
Like any other day, I had gone to my locker to put my books away. I didn't expect to find anyone there except I did, I found Alex. I hadn't talked to her much earlier in the day because she was mostly talking with Lisa, Linda and Anne.
I'm not sure why they've become so close in such little time, I mean they're four different people from four completely different crowds.

I ignored the fact she was there and unlocked my locker with my keys and started to put my textbooks from my bag into my locker, whilst doing so, Alex spoke to me. "You know, I'm free now if you want to hang out." she offered from behind her locker door. Her words echoed in my head for a few seconds. I hesitated slightly before answering "You sure? I wouldn't want to get in the way of whatever you've been so busy with" I replied dryly "I'm sorry I've been cancelling on you, I know I've not really been telling you anything. But it's personal and I'd tell you if I wasn't told it was a secret." she replied quietly. I sighed and started to talk again "Yeah, I'd like to hang out." I say whilst smiling to myself. "Cool, how about we-" Alex started before being cut off by someone calling her name, it was Linda, along with Lisa and Anne behind

"Alex! You need to come to the stables right now! I just had a vision of James and Mr Sands I think I know what t-" Linda immediately stopped talking. Whilst she was rambling Alex closed her locker door and Linda saw that I was behind the locker door and could hear her. Linda began again, trying to cover up what she had just said "I- Er had a vision for the project, we could ask Mr Sands and James questions and use them for our uh group project! Mhm!"

Is she dumb? I thought to myself, she sucks at lying. Whatever she was talking about she obviously doesn't want me to know about it, all of them don't. "Seriously? Right now? I kinda have plans guys" Alex said to the three girls "It's urgent" Anne whispered whilst glancing at me, Alex raised an eyebrow "We don't have a lot of time, Alex." Lisa added quietly.
Alex sighed and turned to me. "I have to go.." she tells me "But-" I say "Sorry.." Alex mumbles, not making eye contact.
She then walks away with the other three girls.

I watch them exit. I close my locker door harshly, it makes a loud slam noise which echoes throughout the quiet school.
What I didn't realise, however, was that there was someone behind my locker door. I flinched and took a step back when I saw them, I then realised who it was. "I know it must be hard, seeing someone you love so dearly drift away from you like that"
She started whilst leaning against the lockers "What the hell do you want, Sabine?" I questioned.
"Lose the attitude blondie, I'm being sympathetic, aren't I? You should be grateful." Sabine teased
"It's not sympathy, it's pity and frankly I don't need any of it, especially if it's from you." I said
"Whatever, I was just here to offer you something." Sabine grinned, I rolled my eyes "What is it?" I asked unenthusiastically.
Sabine started, "How about this, I've seen you have been cancelled on a few times by Alex. So what about you get yourself some better friends and hang out with me and my friends?" Sabine offered and continued "Unlike Alex and those other girls, we don't leave people behind and we've felt like we've needed a fourth member of our group for quite a while." She explained
"I'm gonna be honest with you Sabine I'd rather be on my own than be friends with you. Now get out of my face" I said before walking off, leaving her stunned and seemingly quite offended.

I'd gotten home and I went into my room, setting my bag on the floor and sitting on my bed. I realised that I was running out of time to tell Alex about moving. I wanted to tell her in person but I knew I would never get the chance. So I called her, Praying that she'd pick up.

She did.

A; Hey, are you okay? Why'd you call me?
E; I didn't know how to tell you this and I wanted to tell you when we were hanging out but we never got the chance.
A; What do you mean?
E; Alex, I'm moving off Jorvik. I'm sorry..
A; W..What? When?
E; In a couple of days.
A; Why didn't you tell me sooner?
E; Because you were always with the other girls and I felt like we were drifting apart. I didn't know how to.
A; ...
E; Alex? You there?
A; I'm gonna miss you. A lot.
E; Me too, Alex.